Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

derekmski
Adept I

Monitor using HDMI won't go to sleep AMD Radeon 5700 XT

System:

• AMD Graphics Card:  Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT (100416P8GL)
  • Desktop
  • Windows 10 64 bit (1903)
  • Driver installed:  19.9.2
  • Monitor 1 (Displayport): Acer XFA240
  • Monitor 2 (HDMI) that won't go to sleep: Asus VS239
  • Motherboard:  MSI B450 Tomahawk; Bios version: 1.A0
  • CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Power Supply:  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GS 220-GS-0850-V1 80+ GOLD 850W
  • RAM:  32GB DDR4

Issue:

• When Windows puts the monitors to sleep due to inactivity, my Asus VS239 (HDMI) does not go to sleep mode, it just blacks the screen out but it remains on.  However my Acer XFA240 (Displayport) does go to sleep mode.  I had no issues like this with my Geforce 2070 that I had prior.  I used DDU to fully remove the Nvidia drivers before installing my new 5700 XT.  Also for troubleshooting I tried using DDU to fully remove the AMD drivers and reinstall to make sure it wasn't a corrupt driver install, but the issue persists.
1 Solution
derekmski
Adept I

This was fixed for me on 19.11.1 actually, but I have my left monitor hooked up with DP and the right monitor hooked up with a DP to HDMI cable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
jcamer
Adept I

I am having this exact same issue and can't get it figured out either.  Here is my system:

• AMD Graphics Card:  Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
  • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (1903)
  • Driver installed:  19.10.1
  • Monitor (HDMI): Acer H236HL
  • Motherboard:  ASUSTek ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
  • CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Power Supply:  Corsair HXi850
  • RAM:  16GB G.Skill 3600 DDR4

I have tried booting in safe mode to see if it is a driver issue and that didn't make a difference.  I also booted an external windows disk and set the screen saver to shut the monitor off after 1 minute and it did the same behavior.  

When the screen is supposed to shut off (1 minute for the time being) it will go blank, the monitor will cycle through the inputs (hdmi, dvi, vga) as though it has lost the signal (the expected behavior if the monitor was indeed to turn off) but then will go back to the hdmi input and stay on - just with a black screen.  Moving the mouse/keyboard instantly brings it back to the desktop as the monitor never does shut off as it should.

0 Likes
derekmski
Adept I

Issue still exists with driver 19.10.1 unfortunately. This is definitely a driver issue.

0 Likes
jcamer
Adept I

Still broken for me with 19.11.1.

0 Likes
derekmski
Adept I

This was fixed for me on 19.11.1 actually, but I have my left monitor hooked up with DP and the right monitor hooked up with a DP to HDMI cable.

0 Likes
jcamer
Adept I

You are correct, I just reinstalled the full 19.11.1 and it is now fixed!!