Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dodo__x
Newcomer

Monitor turns off and on when on any driver later than 18.2.1

Hey guys, having problems with monitor.

On any driver later than 18.2.1 (Eg. 18.5.1, 18.7.1) my main monitor (Kogan KALED24144F) turns itself off and on and allows me to see what is happening on the screen for about 3 seconds. The screen goes black, loses signal for a second, goes black again and then displays output only to go black and again and repeat the cycle. It makes it unusable. In a few previous drivers such as 18.2.1 my monitor does this when turned on, but works perfectly fine afterwards.

After trying to fix it myself I have already found a few things out

• It only happens whilst using Display-port, and changing the cable has not made a difference
  • Monitor works fine on latest drivers when using HDMI or DVI.
  • It only affects my main monitor which is 144HZ and has Free-sync
  • Changing the Hz and Free-sync makes no difference.
  • Doing a clean install of drivers and even windows doesn't fix it.
  • This doesn't happen to my second monitor which runs off of HDMI
  • Monitor works fine on Linux and using generic windows drivers

Haven't had the chance to try the monitor on another computer or GPU, so I don't know if it would make a difference.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
kcoll
Journeyman III

i suffer from same problem loss of signal for split second then it reoccurs again two to five seconds latter.  good for a minute or two them does it again has gotten progressively worse with each update to latest radon software package display port to a freesinc monitor running on a 580 graphics card. this is getting progressively worse rendering computer harder to use

0 Likes
kcoll
Journeyman III

just switched to a different cable and it seems to have corrected the problem. hope this lasts or i will be back searching for an answer

0 Likes