Drivers & Software

codyjayro
Adept II

Monitor switching (win+p) on dual monitor setup not working after 19.3.3 update

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX580 8GB 

MB: MSI B360M PRO-VDH

CPU: Intel i7-8700

Monitors: LG 22MK430H connected via HDMI

Ok, so basically what happened is after i updated from 19.1.1, when i try to switch between monitor modes by pressing windows+p, each option i click does nothing. What seems to work is switching under "display settings" by right-clicking on desktop but then it messes up my settings like the order of the monitors and the primary display.

I did a clean install when i installed the 19.3.3.

I can 100% confirm it has worked on 19.1.1 but a lot of fixes have been made from that update so the rollback is not necessarily an option for me.

I think it may be a bug.

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
codyjayro
Adept II

UPDATE+FIX:

1. I performed a clean install/update of 19.4.1 and restarted the PC without installing ReLive!

2. After the restart I installed ReLive "manually" from AMD software and everything works perfectly now.

It may have been fixed by the 19.4.1 or by the procedure of manually installing ReLive, i don't know.

Thanks everyone for answering here!

View solution in original post

16 Replies
codyjayro
Adept II

For the moment I've found a workaround: If i disable the RX580 display adapter from device manager and re-enable it, everything is fine, obviously until next restart . I am still pretty sure it's a driver problem. Any opinions?

0 Likes

I have too a RX580 and this last Driver (my first driver) have plug hdmi/dvi bugs ! Only Detect new Screen with OS restart !

Note: If you reset the display adapter, you also need to restart ReLive in order to get the Radeon Overlay and the other functions working.

codyjayro
Adept II

I find it very funny that posts that are posted 8 minutes ago get 5 replies and this one got none after almost a week, i had to find workarounds for myself. With nVidia i didn't even know there was a support forum because i never had such problems.

0 Likes

Now that I've seen this I'm not going to update from the perfectly fine 19.2.2 and test whether this  happens here or not.

Good for you for finding this though. Please report to AMD.

OTOH, if I get some free time on my days off, I'll update to the 19.3.3 and see if I get the same thing. I hesitate to mess with a perfectly working system but for you.. I'll see what I can do. 

FWIW I'm still on Win10 x64 1803.

Just so we're doing the same thing, did you use DDU or just install overthetop or ?

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

Thanks for taking time to reply and if you can test this it would be very kind of you. Thanks again!

0 Likes

Cody, if you tell which method (ddu/amd clean/overthetop) you used to install I'll do this Sat morning.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

I just installed 19.3.3 overthetop of 19.2.2

Everything is working fine. Monitors switch from extended to primary only and back without incident. I can add/remove the third monitor and it's still all good.

Monitor #1 Displayport Dell U2211h

Monitor #2 HDMI through Sony receiver to ASUS VP228

Monitor #3 DVI an old samsung

I use Afterburner and wattman is not activated. Pretty much factory default settings.

0 Likes

Thanks for checking this, i used the AMD utility for the clean un/installation and I don't use Wattman or Afterburner at all. I still need to disable and re-enable the display adapter and amd relive to get win+p working. Also I've noticed something weird: when restarting the PC, it's showing the desktop on one monitor for a few seconds (in this time gap the win+p is working) and then everything turns black and switches to last configuration(extend or second screen only), like it's automatically restarting the display adapter.

0 Likes

One difference is I don't use ReLive, and not installed.

I  usually start the computer and walk away. I'll pay more attention to the screens as it starts.

0 Likes

Both screens start at the same time.

0 Likes

I'm sorry, but the Nvidia drivers are horrible ... I was following the Nvidia Forum and for many months there were only errors in the latest drivers : https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/33/geforce-drivers/

0 Likes

I can't argue with you, i'm just stating my own experience.

0 Likes

You can read the bugs in the nvidia Forum and you will find many and many users with problems, include Me (ZoioX).

0 Likes
codyjayro
Adept II

UPDATE+FIX:

1. I performed a clean install/update of 19.4.1 and restarted the PC without installing ReLive!

2. After the restart I installed ReLive "manually" from AMD software and everything works perfectly now.

It may have been fixed by the 19.4.1 or by the procedure of manually installing ReLive, i don't know.

Thanks everyone for answering here!

Thanks for the update & fix Cody.

0 Likes