Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Alexandr56
Adept I

Monitor not working after driver installation

Good afternoon!

I purchased the RX 6600 and ran into a problem, during the installation of the driver, the monitor turns off and no longer works (no signal).

The monitor is connected to the video card via Displayport. A TV is also connected via HDMI, which is used as a second monitor. With the standard Windows driver, the main monitor works, but the TV says that there is no signal. If I install the latest Adrenaline driver (22.8.1), then both the monitor and the TV stop working.

What I tried:

1. Remove the driver via DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility, then install again - did not help.

2. Install a later driver 22.5.1 - after installation, the TV starts working, but not the main monitor.

3. Reset BIOS - did not help

4. Change UEFI / CSM modes - did not help

5. With the driver installed, connect the monitor via HDMI - the monitor works, but this is not suitable for me, because in this case I cannot use the TV as a second monitor. The video card has 3 DP connectors and one HDMI

Maybe something else, I don't remember anymore, I've been trying to fix this for a week now.

A computer:

MSI Mortar Max (BIOS 7B89v2F, latest, non-beta)

Ryzen 5600x, 600W PSU.

Please help me with my problem.

0 Likes
13 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Could be an extreme case, but did you try to use another displayport cable? Maybe the cable had gone bad. Just tossing out ideas.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

I already thought about it too, but the monitor works with this cable without a driver installed.
I'll try to find a new cable and check.

0 Likes

I just had this same problem ... without the drivers installed, hdmi cable worked fine, with drivers installed cable did not work.  I **bleep**ing formatted my hard drive thinking something was deeply wrong on my system ... nope, drivers and cable issue

0 Likes
Mitsui14
Adept II

What specific psu model are you using? Dual rail PSU's can cause black screens if you connect the wrong pcie cables to your gpu

0 Likes
Alexandr56
Adept I

Chieftec BDF-600S

0 Likes
Mitsui14
Adept II

Sorry, I just read the entire post again and I don't fully understand.

Just to clarify, if you connect the monitor via HDMI the monitor works fine with the 22.5.1 drivers installed? but if you connect your TV using HDMI and the monitor using DP at the same time only the TV works?

Be sure to check if both are detected in windows, and press the windows key+P to extend your screen or duplicate it

0 Likes

Yes, only the HDMI port works with the driver installed, Displayport does not work.

No, Windows does not detect both displays at the same time, only the one connected via HDMI.

0 Likes

Anyone has similar issue? Just built a new PC and every time the screen turn off for idle (PC is not sleep) and I want to wake it up later, the monitor just shows 'no signal' even though the PC is actually running normally. Have to force power off every time to make echatrandom monitor works again.

Also, I notice that the DP connection is not working at all.. Searched internet and I've make sure that there is no basic error (poor connection, etc.)..Anyone can help?

CPU: i5-12400F

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Pro AX DDR4

GPU: RX 6600 XT

GPU driver: 30.0.21020.2

0 Likes

Perhaps the reason is in the cable, as in my case.

0 Likes
Alexandr56
Adept I

Problem solved!
I connected the monitor via another VGA-Displayport cable without an adapter and it works.
But why the problem appears only when installing the driver, I still do not understand.

Glad you got it sorted. Cables can be funny sometimes.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

have the same problem with asus dual rx 5500xt.I have ryzen 5 2600 and a b450 aorus elite and 16gigs of ramI 've tried different versions of amd drivers after uninstalling them with DDU, nothing has worked for me.I'm using an old dell monitor p2212hb with a dvid-d to hdmi converter and a hdmi cable for gpu.Can anyone help me with this?I have not yet tried with a different hdmi cable also can this issue be caused by the dvi-d to hdmi converter?

0 Likes

have the same problem with asus dual rx 5500xt.I have ryzen 5 2600 and a b450 aorus elite and 16gigs of ramI 've tried different versions of amd drivers after uninstalling them with DDU, nothing has worked for me.I'm using an old dell monitor p2212hb with a dvid-d to hdmi converter and a hdmi cable for gpu.Can anyone help me with this?I have not yet tried with a different hdmi cable also can this issue be caused by the dvi-d to hdmi converter?

0 Likes