cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ethyrdude
Journeyman III

Monitor not sleeping

With any of the latest Adrenalin Drivers installed, I have to disable the AMD External Events Utility or else my monitor keeps going into sleep mode and then waking after a second of inactivity. Is there any other way of getting sleep mode to work properly or is this going to be an ongoing problem?

0 Likes
3 Replies
ethyrdude
Journeyman III

After searching for a solution for a few weeks now, I finally hit on something that worked. I had to completely remove the AMD driver and software and in safe mode I performed a factory reset and used the minimal install to install the drivers. I can now get my monitor to sleep without messing about in services but I don't want to change any AMD settings in case I screw it all up again. I don't really care about getting the highest frame rates possible, I only care about everything working without my card's fan going into overdrive to keep the temperatures sane.

0 Likes
ethyrdude
Journeyman III

Spoke too soon, after rebooting this morning the problem returned. Oh well. turning off AEEU.

0 Likes
gabriel02v
Adept I

I report too the same behavior for RX 460 in windows 10 versions 1903, 1909.  Any driver published after 1903's release date it seems to have this problem of preventing monitor to go to sleep mode. The most recent version of amd radeon driver that worked flowlessly was 18.2.3, but it can't be no longer kept in the system because windows 10 will update it automatically to a newer version released in 2019. I disabled the AEEU service and solved. But that's not professional, AMD!

0 Likes