Windows 10 64 bit

Driver version: 20.8.1

BenQ xl2430T @144hz display port

Eizo foris @60hz fs2333 HDMI

Gigabyte aorus elite x570 Bios F20

Ryzen 3900x

Superflower leadex platinum 550w

g.skill trident z 32gb 3600

My main monitor sometimes just black screens randomly and I have to turn it off and then on again to get a display back. My second monitor will turn purple and again I have to turn it off and then on again to get rid of the purple colour.

Mostly happens at startup but can happen randomly during web browsing and gaming quite annoying.

2 driver revisions ago the purple thing did not happen the black screens did still happen though. I did fix the purple colour issue by rolling back my drivers however because of Horizon Zero Dawn's release and the performance increase I decided to go to the latest version I could and the purple colour issue still happened.

Certain games that push my system like Resident Evil 2 remake, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Three Kingdoms Total War, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Horizon Zero Dawn I sometimes get random black screen freezes which eventually will turn into a crash. But this even happened during Life is Strange 2. Sometimes when the game crashes I get blue screens as well like video_tdr failure: atikmpag.sys.

Recently I alt tabbed during Horizon Zero Dawn at least twice to web browse and forgot the game was on and the game crashed. I usually leave settings at default, but depending on the FPS I will bump it up to high and if possible ultra.

0 Likes
1 Reply
shangles
Newcomer

The purple screen will legit happen on every restart now and if I leave my computer long enough that my monitors turn off, they will turn purple again. Same fix is applied both times that I have to turn them off and on again to turn them into a normal colour.Untitled.png20200827_164418.jpg

Also the crashes during Horizon Zero Dawn are really irritating, I keep getting freezes to the point that I have to hold the power button. I also get crashes where the game asks me to send a crash report, then afterwards if I try to launch the game after the crash it will instantly blue screen with video_tdr_failure or something like that and restart anyway.

0 Likes