cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bife19
Adept I

Monitor appears as PnP generic Games go black screen and stutter with Freesync on

Hello everyone i have this problem for quite sometime and at first i thought it was AMD that had to patch a fix so i was waiting but every time i updated my graphics Freesync always had the same problem. When i play games with freesync ON either the screen turns black constantly or the game stutters. Today i had freesync on to see if it was fixed already and this even happened while i tryed to do a printscreen with w+shift+s

graphics card is RX480 drivers up to date just like bios and windows
my monitor is the Asus vg245h

i already did scannow and it fixed successfully something did it a 2nd time today and it didn't show any problems.

I went to device manager checked my monitor and it was showing as PnP generic and it also was saying this: device was not migrated

Device DISPLAY\AUS24A1\5&1b5ed273&2&UID265 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: DISPLAY\GSM4E48\4&297b5eb3&0&UID206355
Class Guid: {4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Location Path: 
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F100
Present: false
0 Likes
1 Solution
bife19
Adept I

Apparently i didn't had the latest version of windows even tho windows update was saying it was up to date, it wasn't. Getting the latest version solved my issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
bife19
Adept I

Apparently i didn't had the latest version of windows even tho windows update was saying it was up to date, it wasn't. Getting the latest version solved my issue.

0 Likes