cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lowenz
Adept I

MLAA (Morphological Filtering) in Fake Fullscreen and Borderless Windowed Fullscreen

NVidia FXAA forcing via driver control panel works in fake non-exclusive fullscreen and borderless windowed fullscreen scenarios (example: Fallout 76)
AMD MLAA forcing via driver control panel (Catalyst Settings) only works in exclusive fullscreen, as clearly stated on AMD documentation.
And yes, it's the truth So it's impossibile to use this GOOD feature literally on every game today.

In future, can you enable MLAA in those scenarios (fake fullscreen and borderless windowed fullscreen)? 'Cause they represent the Windows10 era standard!
Thanks

(yes, I know I can use ReShade+FXAA/SMAA but I love the choice between ReShade and an official alternative at driver-level)

4 Replies
lowenz
Adept I

Up! It's important dear AMD engineers!

Nvidia FXAA is working in every scenario.....

0 Likes
megat
Journeyman III

In my system MLAA no longer work since RIS is introduced. I try everything, only reverting to 19.6.3 is working solution.

lowenz
Adept I

Is now working?! In window too?!!!!! Thanks AMD! (Catalyst 19.10.2)

0 Likes
lowenz
Adept I

Update: sometimes it's working and sometimes not, depending on the game.

Please AMD, can you give us MLAA (and RIS) working in EVERY situation like NVidia's FXAA no matter:

* the fullscreen mode (windowed, borderless windowed fullscreen, fake fullscreen)

* the API (DX9->12, OpenGL 2->4.x and Vulkan)

Or simply remove the MLAA feature and maximize the support/compatibility for ReShade (so we can force FXAA/SMAA via ReShade) !

ReShade is opensource: GitHub - crosire/reshade: A generic post-processing injector for games and video software. 

0 Likes