cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

masteryoer
Journeyman III

Miracast support

Do the latest graphics drivers not support miracast? Reading articles online, it seems as if they should, yet with my Radeon RX580 and the latest amd drivers installed, I am getting a 'miracast not supported by your device' error in windows 10. Further research (dxdiag) shows that the radeon rx580 drivers don't support miracast.

Was this removed intentionally, or an oversight? Microsoft just recently (within the last year) released the ability to stream pc to xbox using miracast, so it's not like the technology is dead and not used or useful.

1 Reply
tigris
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with the same card. Have spent a few hours googling and can't seem to find a straight answer to it anywhere. I'm trying to Miracast over LAN - basically I have my PC in one room connected by ethernet to my router, and I want to cast the desktop to a monitor in a second room via Miracast to an Amazon Firestick. I've updated all the drivers, but dxdiag still shows the RX580 as not supporting Miracast.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Miracast on existing wireless network or LAN - Surface Hub | Microsoft Docs 

Do current AMD Ryzen 5/7 based systems support Wireless Display/Miracast/WiDi? - Spiceworks 

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/wireless-display 

0 Likes