cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shocksKG
Adept I

Minecraft using wrong GPU

This is driving me nuts since being forced into using adrenaline.

i have used the graphics menu and adenrelines game menu to add all the java.exe to high performance, yet... minecraft is still refusing to use my RX560.

Now before adrenaline, i never had this problem, but earlier this year my computer kept refusing to start up whenever using most of the AMD drivers, this one seems to be the only one that works.

I have formatted my laptop many many many times, fresh installs, and only this specific version is safe right now, all the rest cause blue screen of death or constant freezing which seems to be around stress on my Vega.

now i have everything working, followed all the guides, minecraft still refuses to use my RX560, what do i do?

0 Likes
3 Replies

i have used the graphics menu and adenrelines game menu to add all the java.exe to high performance, yet... minecraft is still refusing to use my RX560.

You assign the high performance graphics to the game/application...not Java....and that is done from the display settings on your computer, scroll down to graphics.

Screenshot_6.png

how, minecraft runs from Javaw.exe which has already been added, the only other exe is the launcher, so what would i add to the graphics menu? thank you for replying

0 Likes
elizabethconti
Journeyman III

It sounds like you've been dealing with persistent issues related to your GPU, particularly with Minecraft on your laptop. While your efforts to set Java.exe to high performance through the graphics menu and Adrenalin's game menu have been unsuccessful, it's important to note that Minecraft PE (Pocket Edition) for mobile devices might have different GPU settings and requirements compared to the PC version. Make sure to check your laptop's graphics settings to ensure Minecraft PE is using the desired GPU, which may require a different approach than the PC version.

0 Likes