cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DankS
Journeyman III

Minecraft not using gpu

So, I'm playing minecraft and I only get like 60 fps while my gpu isn't heavily used. My GPU is RX6600, I also have integrated graphics but they are disabled and have nothing to do with the thing. The GPU fans aren't even spinning (MSI feature) so it's not really getting used. I'm using 22.11.2 drivers.  I've got an I5-12600 so it isn't a CPU bottleneck

2023-01-15_21.09.23.png

0 Likes
5 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

if constant 60 fps , you sure have vsync activated or frame limiter, and with a 60hz monitot this is perfect , makes you save power, cause the card not calculating what won't be displayed

if you have faster refresh rate monitor , check same in game options

0 Likes
DankS
Journeyman III

I have 165 hz monitor,  165 frame cap, no vsync and I want it to use more GPU because it's better to play and it heats my room

0 Likes
campcreekdude
Adept III

does it do this in windowed mode? I read that other people are stuck at 60 fps but not in windowed mode. 

if thats the case its a game issue. 

0 Likes

I have always read that Minecraft is a CPU intensive game rather than a GPU intensive game.

Found this about Minecraft:

Unlike most games, Minecraft is more dependent on your CPU than your GPU. That means that the power of your CPU has a greatest impact on your computer's performance, and your CPU will often be the component limiting your FPS.Apr 22, 2022

Building the Best PC for Minecraft - Logical Increments

https://www.logicalincrements.com › games › minecraft

Also do you have in Windows Settings - Graphics set to use your GPU in High Performance for the Minecraft game?

0 Likes

I have a 12600 so that's more than enough

0 Likes