cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Microsoft Windows 10 is still auto installing Windows 10 Driver Version 26.20.12028.2 Driver Date 16/08/2019.

Microsoft Windows 10 is still auto installing Windows 10 Driver Version 26.20.12028.2 Driver Date 16/08/2019.
Trying to find which driver version that is.
Does anyone know?

I think Windows should be installing Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 - the last driver that ~ works.
Thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Isn't it supposed to be the last WHQL drivers?

Yes.

However I have not had a stable version of Adrenalin 2020 yet.
Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 seems to be the most stable overall, but that's just my opinion/experience.
I will keep trying to find out what Microsoft is installing.

0 Likes

You could try to stop MS installing drivers automatically:

1. Open Control Panel.
  2. Select System and Security.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  5. Select the Hardware tab.
  6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Maybe something like this helps. It will stop other drivers installing too, you'd have to manually go into the device manager and ask any device to auto-update.

0 Likes

I will check if that works in Windows 10 Pro 19.09.
Thanks.

0 Likes

Anything past 19.12.1 is screwed up. It is the control panel..not the drivers. As an example, not one of the 2020 drivers will return to your global settings after you have used a profile..game or application. I use the 19.12.1 and there is no issue at all with any app or game setting. I like the 19.12.3 as the read me shows fixes for something other than the 5700's. To show how screwed the Wattman/Adrenaline whatever is...Here is the report playing Doom with the 19.12.1 drivers:

Look at the zero fps...that is the windows global setting. This is what is supposed to happen after you exit a game or app. It reverts to Global Setting.

Open Hardware Monitor - Core temp, fan speed and voltages in a free software gadget 

This is what it looks like with the 19.12.3 or later drivers:

The fans speed will not come down to zero rpm and stays that way until you reset it.

Here is the 19.12.1 version with the 19.12.3 graphics drivers (only):

They follow my profile settings and return to the "Global" settings when done....which the 19.12.3 version could not do. So the problem is definitely with the control/settings/options. The drivers are ok...I think.

0 Likes

I have been running  the Adrenalin 2020 19.12.1 GUI and updating the Drivers though Windows Device Manager to try the newer Adrenalin 2020 drivers. 

Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1. GUI/UI with 20.3.1 drivers seemed to be the most stable so far for this "Hybrid Driver" combination on RX Vega 64 Liquid.
I am testing 20.4.2 drivers now.

I think the Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI must be really hurting AMD at this stage. 

I really wish they would provide Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI/UI with the latest Adrenalin 2020 drivers as the default installation option and perhaps treat the Adrenalin 2020 GUI UI as an optional install for those who want to try it out and give feedback that they will listen to and use to implement changes.

Getting the "Hybrid Driver" up and running can prove very troublesome at times, especially on multiGPU/Monitor setups involving multiple reboots.
It has failed a few times resulting in black screen at boot.
I just want to be able to download that Hybrid Driver installer and install the GUI/UI driver combination in one pass.