cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dstmnd89x
Challenger

Re: Microsoft Teams Still Crashing PC, Vega 64

My system crashed again this morning, definitely the same scenario with MS Teams running. I did notice that while I was monitoring the card, the temperature sensor became unresponsive once or twice shortly before the system restarted itself--which tells me that it's the driver. Will update AMD support with my findings.

Discord was also not running when the system crashed this time, so I think I can rule that out as a possible culprit. 

0 Likes
dfeifer
Journeyman III

as an FYI, AMD had this under the Fixed Issues for the driver released yesterday..

Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience an application crash with Microsoft® Teams when hardware acceleration is enabled.

0 Likes
filipvanwulpen
Journeyman III

I'm still experiencing this issue with the latest drivers 20.Q2.1 for the Radeon Pro W5500.

I'm not sure if the fix was already provide to the Pro series drivers.

I already went to different cycles of reinstalling my entire OS and drivers, without any result. My installation is really the bare minimum. So no games installed. Just the OS and Office + Teams.

Curious if there are still other people who still have this issue after the latest driver updates.

chrisbets
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problem with my newly bought Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Teams and Skype keep crashing, when I start screensharing (or sometimes also half a minute later), however it doesn't happen with all of my colleges.

One college works fine, no crash at all, one another crashes immediately after I start screensharing.

But in the end, the timing when it crashs seems to be kind of random.

And yes, I already disabled hardware acceleration for Microsoft Teams.

This is really annoying, especially for work.

Side note: Zoom seems to work without problems.

0 Likes
singul4r
Adept III

Do not use Adrenalin Gaming Drivers on Vega architecture based cards because that software has a lot of stability problems (BSOD, blackscreens, freezings) and other lot's of stuff with background software using GPU acceleration...
Use Radeon Pro/Enterprise drivers for fixing any Vega stability problem. That was the only way me and other users found, looking for a solution after all these years, it seems AMD is unable to develop some stable drivers for a 3 years old GPU. 

Download and install driver for Radeon WX 9100 if you have a Vega 64.
or Download and install driver for Radeon WX 8200 if you have a Vega 56.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/radeon-pro/radeon-pro-wx-x100-series/radeon-pro... 
https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/radeon-pro/radeon-pro-wx-x200-series/radeon-pro... 

caleb_cruze
Adept II

Try this:

• From the list of apps, select Admin.
  • From the menu select Settings > Services & add-ins.
  • Find Microsoft Teams and then enable External Apps.
  • Set Allow external app in Microsoft Teams to On.
    Restart Microsoft Teams and then try searching for Dynamics 365 again in the Microsoft Teams app store.

Regards,
Caleb

0 Likes
Tem4ika
Journeyman III

Which list of apps? Can you be more detailed please?

0 Likes