Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BaguetteOui
Adept I

Micro stutters RX6650XT

Hello, 

I recently bought a RX6650XT (upgrading from gtx 1660S) and I'm having micro stutters in every games. 

Pc : 

5600x
RX6650XT
2x16 corsair vengeance RS 3200mhz (XMP enabled)
B550 mobo
750w gold psu

Things I've tried : 

- Driver only install
- Disable Freesync
- Disable all graphics settings in radeon software
- Tested with SAM on and off
- Updating Bios to latest with AGESA (thought it could be the Ftpm issue)
- Updated chipset driver
- Auto oc on GPU on and off
- Disable instant replay
- Update to Windows 11
- Windows memory diag (nothing)
- Run verifier.exe

Any Ideas ? Btw I'm running the latest driver which is 22.11.2 and really hope that it is driver related.

Thank you.

0 Likes
12 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

have you installed some 3rd party software ? like motherboard software etc

tryed with xmp disabled ?

if you don't want to reinstall windows , you can try to install it on an external drive with the less software possible , just drivers and check if the problem persists , and then identify what is causing it ..

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply, 

I have APP center (gigabyte), RGB fusion, Razer Synapse and ICUE installed.

I'll try with XMP off, it was enable before my GPU upgrade though and didn't have the issue.

0 Likes

yeah try without these 3rd party software maybe too , if xmp off not changing anything .. but beware that sometime even uninstalling 3rd party software doesn't correct what they modify in windows that's why i advise to check on a external reinstall in worst cases .. , to be sure to be free from their "tweaks"

i just checked on ICUE , apparently it can cause stuttering regarding some results on search engines

0 Likes

Unfortunately I do not have an external drive. I uninstalled app center and rgb fusion, hope it will work. 

If not, could it be the gpu driver ?

0 Likes

everyone wants it to be the driver fault because of false rumors spreaded by ignorant people with poor experience but it reality it's rarely the case except when it's about listed known issues that can be found in driver description, don't be misguided by trolls and other influencer that have different interrest in using clickbait as well (more easy to clickbait on amd than on nvidia, because of market share)

Thank you, why not the 1st method ?

0 Likes

One user reported the first method did not work for him, but the second did. Just being on the safe side..

0 Likes

Is there a way u can tell if it worked ? I disabled it in device manager.

0 Likes

@BaguetteOui wrote:

Is there a way u can tell if it worked ? I disabled it in device manager.

The stuttering would go away.

BaguetteOui
Adept I

Just disabled VRR too, maybe it could be the issue we'll see.

0 Likes

do things one by one and test after each change if you do it by uninstalling and/or modifying registry , or you will never know the true origin of your problem.. .sometime you should even restart your computer after every change .. or unstall everything you can , restart and see if it change anything .. if ok than start to reinstall and see if problem comes back .. but problems with HPET if it is that are certainly coming from a 3rd part software , and then beware not to reinstall the one that causing the problem

0 Likes