cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Micro Stutter any driver after 18.9.3

I have tried multiple driver updates after 18.9.3 and each time I get this awful micro stutter where every couple of seconds the computer hangs for 1-2 seconds and have to run Driver Sweeper and reinstall 18.9.3. Very annoying, this happens in applications and in standard desktop environment. I went on the internet and tired various fixes and have yet to find any that work. Prior to any installation I run Driver Sweeper and remove all of the current driver before update or rolling back.

Been looking to run update the drivers to increase my performance on more recent games such as Battlefield V. I am pulling ~40-50 FPS at 1080P on medium settings... I know I should be able to do much better than this with my card.

Battlefield 1 runs maxed out at 70-90FPS

I currently use my computer as a workstation/server that I game on. I'd like to get this figured out so I don't have to have a separate gaming computer.

My specs:

(All latest drivers installed from their respective manufacturer websites)

XFX Radeon RS RX 480 8GB

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

2x Intel Xeon e5 2660

ASROCK Rack EP2C602-4L/D16 (ASRock Rack > EP2C602-4L/D16 ) motherboard

128GB DDR3 1333 ECC

480GB SATA SSD boot drive

120GB SSD cache drive

5x 7200RPM drives for various other uses

Creative Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty Xtreme Gamer

750W eVGA PSU

Corsair K95 keyboard

Logitech G400s Mouse

3x 22inch LG monitors connected via DVI, HDMI, DP.

0 Likes
1 Reply

This is covered in these forums about 1000 times. You might want to search. If you have multiple monitors you may need to disable HDCP. If not it is likely your mouse driver. Sounds silly I know but really it's an issue. Not sure why they clash technically but apparently AMD updated the drivers to be compliant with the current Windows Graphics system and the mouse drivers in some cases have not. Either way you slice it update the driver, if that doesn't fix it. Try running the standard mouse driver in Windows. I realize that isn't a good fix but you will know if that is your issue. I went from a Logitech to a Razor mouse because of this a year ago.