cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

egg
Journeyman III

micro devices update interferes with AMD Software

I am not too familiar with AMD so please forgive my confusion. 

Currently, every week, sometimes twice a week, AMD Software will become out of date all of a sudden due to what I believe is a background windows update, and I will end up having to reinstall the same update, despite being already up to date. This has been happening for at least a month

Another side to this problem is that running windows update will cause "Advanced Micro Devices" updates. After trying to install these updates I get this error message from trying to open Radeon Software. Following the URL, I followed all the steps to disable updates from hardware, but it does not improve my situation.

egg_0-1628113604810.png 

I am currently under the impression that

1. windows installs update in the background
  2. Radeon software becomes incompatible
  3. reinstalling Radeon software uninstalls micro devices update
  4. windows attempts to reinstall micro devices update
  5. repeat

I could very well be wrong though, this is just what I am noticing from me constantly reinstalling the software.

I am using Ryzen 7 5700U on Windows 10, on a laptop. I am happy to give more info if needed.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Yep, most likely Windows is installing the UWP drivers supplied by the laptop maker or their WHQL driver.

Try posting a query at https://www.tenforums.com/

There are a number of Win. options (or 3rd party Apps) they can suggest that may help.

The drivers from AMD are generic drivers and may not support the specific functions/features the laptop maker may have included. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..