cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dileas
Adept I

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros Unable to launch on Windows 10 with Catalyst 15.7.1

Anybody else having this issue?

The game ran fine on Window 8.1 Pro 64bit with Catalyst 15.7

Some info... My PC Specs: Intel i5 2500k w/ AMD R9 280X on Windows 10 Pro 64bit with Catalyst 15.7.1

And here's a link to a steam thread with people having the same issue.

Cant start game in windows 10. :: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES General Discussions

0 Likes
7 Replies
arkbrik
Journeyman III

Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros Unable to launch on Windows 10 with Catalyst 15.7.1

I'm having the same issue in Windows 8.1 since I updated to 15.7.1 drivers.

My PC specs: Intel i7-3770, AMD Radeon HD 8570, Windows 8.1 64bit, Catalyst 15.7.1

0 Likes
backFireX64
Forerunner

Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros Unable to launch on Windows 10 with Catalyst 15.7.1

Just installed it on windows 10 64bit under catalyst 15.7.1 64bit driver for w10.

Game boots fine, crossfirex works and scales good, frames are locked in 60fps vsync on 1080p and very high/ high settings.

Using an i7 975 and 1x HD5970.

Framerate feels a bit smoother on the same settings i used when i was running w8.1 64bit, but that may either be a placebo effect, or the new driver has improved things a bit. Not sure.

Just wanted to share my experience, though i cannot provide any helpful thoughts at the moment, sorry mate.

EDIT:

The game does not use the integrated intel gpu instead of your AMD radeon gpu, right ?

0 Likes
dileas
Adept I

I've been looking into this. Seems like only some GCN cards affected by this. It also seems like the Catalyst 15.7 driver for Windows 10 doesn't exhibit this issue.

Hopefully AMD fixes this in their next driver/hotfix.

Also, no my iGPU is turned off but thanks anyway.

0 Likes
tigzar
Adept I

lets hope it is fixed this month . I'm guessing if its happening on ground zeroes it will happen on phantom pain --- and considering that is out 1st September , it could cause major riots if not fixed lol

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

0 Likes
tigzar
Adept I

place this into your game directory where the .exe is for the game

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5e2tb17i7ik2beh/Metal+Gear+Solid+V+Ground+Zeroes.rar

enjoy - your welcome

0 Likes
dileas
Adept I

That was the first thing I did.

Also someone has found a fix for this.

AMD Solution :: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES General Discussions

It involves putting some DLLs in the game folder.

Hopefully AMD introduces a proper fix, especially considering Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain is coming out in soon.