Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

marsa
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Memory clocks locked at 150Mhz, flickering display. Relive 16.12.2

Yeah i know, i removed all overclocking and monitoring softwares, only installed that AB to get memclocks not to drop down. It's not perfect... Hoping Amd manages to fix this soon

0 Kudos
victor_c
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have my screen flikering and memory clocks locked when im trying to extend the display. When I set it to show only Display 1, the memory clock come back normally...

My spec
i5-2500K
8GB RAM DDR3
MSI R9 390 Gaming 8GB
AOC Freesync 27" Screen at 1st (DP)
Viewsonic 24" LCD Screen on 2nd  (DVI)

0 Kudos
justjoe
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I just figured I would throw this in here. I just tried 17.1.1 and I am still having the exact same problems as before.

0 Kudos
mattyd7829
Elite
Elite

I am now on 17.1.1. It is sort of working. It seems to over clock but only to whatever is set in the Global Settings profile.. I set the memory to 1500 for each gpu and that has held although the abillity to adjust it seems to have gone from the first gpu but the speed remains. I uninstalled both msi and sapphire trixx and then performed a clean install from 16.11.5. Set the memory clock early, do it on the Global Settings profile as well as your game profile and it seems to hold.

0 Kudos
mattyd7829
Elite
Elite

scratch that, it has been fine for a couple of days but now mem stuck at 150 again. I will keep trying.

0 Kudos
justjoe
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I was hoping that this would fix it but I did a clean install of 17.1.1 and without touching a single setting other than the resolution of my 2nd display. (So in other words I didn't change any overclock settings at all.) I then launched Unigen Heaven and was greeted by about 9 fps with the memory clock showing 150mhz. Last 2 driver sets if I disconnected my 2nd display the colored flicker and memory speed cap would fix. I did not try that for 17.1.1 simply because I needed my computer back up and running properly ASAP. If anything changes or I have more time to fiddle with it I will let you know.

0 Kudos
mattyd7829
Elite
Elite

I have just installed the 17.1.2 version and so far everything seems ok so far. 295x2 and multi screen. No flickering and overclock settings are holding after a couple of restarts, and the memory frequency bar remains usable. I will update if I get any problems.

galaxy
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

17.1.2 Still broken for me did a clean install but no luck still stuck at 150Mhz and screen flickering. Running a R9 380 2G oc

0 Kudos
justjoe
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

TLDR; It worked fine until I touched the oc settings, then it borked.

I installed 17.1.2 and didn't touch any settings. My system ran fine through multiple restarts and worked fine in games over a period of about 2 days (Basically from when 17.1.2 came out). Today I went into Wattman for the first time since installing 17.1.2 and set my standard OC of 1100mhz on the GPU and 1600mhz on the memory with plus 20% power limit (R9 380 4gb). The moment hit apply I got flickering on both displays (1 HDMI & 1 DVI), and my memory clock locked at 150mhz. The strange part for me is that after that I reset the OC settings to default the problems don't go away. Even after a restart the flicker and memory lock are still there. I had to do a driver wipe and go back to 16.11.5. So essentially it worked fine until I played with my overclock, once I did that I couldn't get it back to normal. Sorry for the rambling.

0 Kudos
doothe
Elite
Elite

In Wattman:

Can you under clock memory?

What happens if you overclock memory and use manual voltage at the same time?

In other overclocking programs:

Can you change core frequency without instability?

0 Kudos