Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

99shu1998
Journeyman III

Mattise and Windows 7

Hi, AMD.

Could you develop and add this device driver for Windows 7?
Matisse USB 3.0 Host Controller "DEV_149C"

16 Replies

Windows 7 is on the way out so nobody is developing new drivers for it

So yourself a favor and upgrade to windows 10

0 Likes

Stop advertising Windows 10.
Where did the habit of burying ahead of time come from?
You think that Win 7 after the end of support will be unusable? I will disappoint you, this is not so.

0 Likes

madberry800 wrote:

Stop advertising Windows 10.
Where did the habit of burying ahead of time come from?
You think that Win 7 after the end of support will be unusable? I will disappoint you, this is not so.

I am a developer and I check OS versions because of required features. More and more games are now requiring windows 10.

0 Likes

Windows 10 is already 4 years old and how many exclusive games does it have? I think they can be counted on the fingers. You forget that Windows OS is not only games.Although must not forget about them.
I am an ordinary personI have two Win 7/10 OS and an I’ll tell you as , in Windows 10 there is nothing interesting. And those improvements that are there is not worth overestimating.

P.S. I'm completely happy with used Windows 7 it works for me like a clock, which can not be said about Windows 10.

0 Likes

Fortunately the upcoming Red Dead Redemption II will also run with Windows 7, which almost going to be just as popular as GTA V.

0 Likes
strat_84
Journeyman III

I second the request for Windows 7 USB drivers, and any other driver that may be required for Matisse CPUs to work properly on Windows 7.That OS being on the way out or not isn't the question, there are still good reasons for many people to keep using it instead of Windows 10.

Besides, AMD must consider the lack of these drivers is a real problem for users with a 300/400 chipset motherboard and a ryzen 1000/2000 ryzen, all properly working on Windows 7 and getting half of their USB ports screwed when upgrading with a ryzen 3000 because of the lack of drivers.

I doubt this requires much work anyway, the USB controller has probably seen little change between Ryzen 2000 and Matisse.

rdack
Adept I

Much agree, make proper drivers for Windows 7. The USB part is the critical, where modified driver cause blue screen. I have to use without usb support.

0 Likes

there is less than 3 months left before windows 7 updates dry up

0 Likes

You mean end of malware updates from 2020 January? Good, Windows 7 just becoming better.

0 Likes

security updates to windows 7 and 8 not include feature updates like the ransomware defences introduced with windows 10 version 1809

0 Likes
madberry800
Adept I

Dear AMD.
People need this driver for Windows 7

I m not even sure why AMD hesitating to add this driver. Anyway, I have only two not working USB ports and I am fine without them.

0 Likes
evenkimi
Journeyman III

Indeed, we need it. It was clearly a will for AMD to drag and cap all company willing to stay under win7 for reason to keep giving support for this OS. 

So just make this damn driver, it's the only one missing. 

Also you can trick windows into using PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_145C for PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_149C. It works. 

Google "windows 7 USB matisse trick" 

0 Likes

evenkimi написал(а):

Also you can trick windows into using PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_145C for PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_149C. It works.
Its works. But may lead to BSOD.
0 Likes

easier to upgrade to windows 10

0 Likes

hardcoregames™ написал(а):

easier to upgrade to windows 10

Nope!
BSOD An unpleasant thing but it is not so scary. I am completely satisfied with the bunch: ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO + R7 3700X + Windows 7.

0 Likes