cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MDTeach
Adept I

Massive performance and quality issues in Death Stranding: Director's Cut after updating drivers.

Greetings, I had been playing Death Stranding: Director's Cut on my pc for a few weeks with a very smooth framerate and no major issues at all on my RX 6800 XT, with drivers version 22.4.2.

Then, mid-June, driver version 22.5.2 released, and I saw it included optimizations for Death Stranding. However, these must have been only for the base game, and not the new "Director's Cut" release, for there were no performance improvements. In fact, the performance got noticeably worse, with the framerate dropping below 30 frames per second during normal gameplay situations and the image quality got very jagged regardless of resolution or upscaling quality. And the game also took bizarrely long to load into the main menu and then into gameplay.

I simply rolled back the drivers and the issue went away.

However, with the release of 22.6.1, driver 22.4.2 got flagged as obsolete and certain applications would refuse to work properly so I had to upgrade, but the problem still persists for this particular game, and I would like to be able to play it again without having to swap drivers around every time I wish to do so.

To reiterate, this is a driver issue, but I'll list the system specs so people can't pretend to have read the post and just ask for them anyways, as is common internet practice:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Ryzen 7 5800X

Radeon RX 6800 XT

T-Force Xtreem 32GB (4x8) DDR4 3200MHz 14-14-14-34

ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING

Again, this is a driver issue.

0 Likes
2 Replies
franciniii
Journeyman III

Death Stranding Director's Cut STILL (28/01/23) has significantly worse performance compared to Standard Edition.

Ryzen 5 2600, RX 6700XT, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz, 1440p. GPU driver version 22.11.2
DS settings set to max, TAA on.

Death Stranding was always above 100fps even in intense boss fights. During regular deliveries, frequently hit the 144fps limit I set in-game.

Director's Cut struggles to get 80fps even during relatively unremarkable scenes. Visually there isn't much of a difference between the two. If anything, DC seems to look worse.

0 Likes
djhawkins264
Journeyman III

i have very similar pc specs like you and ill get like 160 frames then it'll slowly drop till it gets to around 30 or even below 20!!! its extremally annoying.

0 Likes