cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

UCHUNOKASAI
Journeyman III

Managing graphics cards in adrenalin 2020

Hello. In Adrenalin 2020 how do you force a game to run on the correct graphics card when you have a RX Vega 10 integrated graphics card and another 5500M graphics card? Some games start on the integrated graphics card but do not switch to the other graphics card automatically.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The simple answer is in Adrenaline you don't.

Starting Windows 10 17093 the switchable graphics are not controlled in the Radeon Settings as AMD dropped support because it is now controlled by the Operating System.

This page will show you what to do:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/103965-set-preferred-gpu-apps-windows-10-a.html

I personally don't think it works as well as when you could set it in the AMD drivers. 

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The simple answer is in Adrenaline you don't.

Starting Windows 10 17093 the switchable graphics are not controlled in the Radeon Settings as AMD dropped support because it is now controlled by the Operating System.

This page will show you what to do:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/103965-set-preferred-gpu-apps-windows-10-a.html

I personally don't think it works as well as when you could set it in the AMD drivers. 

Good Luck!

Hello. Thank you very much for your answer because I tested this solution on the 3 problematic games and now they work on both graphics cards. I would still prefer Adrenalin to handle this sort of thing, but at the moment I'm already happy it's working. Thank you again and happy new year :)

You are welcome! AMD did the same thing with multi monitor support. It is now done in Windows and not in the driver. I don't think it is a situation where Microsoft forced them to stop having support in the driver as with both of these things Nvidia still does support them in their driver and does a better job IMHO than the Windows level control does. AMD's support was better too and not sure why they could not still offer it, other than they saw it as one less thing to contend with? 

Happy New Year to you too! 

0 Likes