cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: major artifacting in games with my 6900xt. should i RMA?

Great. I hope she has a PSU that meets the minimum requirements for the 6900 XT of 850W.
0 Likes
RenegadeZed
Adept II

We have same builds when it comes to specs. She has a 1000w PSU from EVGA. CPU and GPU are 1 tier lower. But they are the same mostly.

There is no danger that my GPU breaks something btw? I'd feel so bad if something happened to her PC

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I wouldn't have thought so. It will either show the same issue or work fine. If it shows the same issue, you can proceed with a RMA.
RenegadeZed
Adept II

the RMA process is ongoing. ticket number 8201136984

i only get 1 email per day with generic troubleshooting steps that i've already tried tho. so not sure how long it'll take before they get to more "serious?" troubleshooting.

my gf is done with work around 5pm. so i'll be testing the GPU as soon as possible. i might have to DL some AAA title to test it tho, i don't think she has downloaded any games yet, it's a new build for her too.

will update as soon as i have more news

0 Likes
RenegadeZed
Adept II

hey, im back from the shop, gf's pc will be available for testing. do i just replace the 6800xt with the 6900xt? do i need to install the drivers for the 6900xt? or radeon software will take care of everything? is it the same "generic" driver?

0 Likes
RenegadeZed
Adept II

Weekend didn't go as planned. My problem is still not resolved. Haven't got any news from the person in charge of my RMA claim. Would be nice to have some news from them.

Took the time to roll back to 21.2.3 some people reported the driver was more stable for them. I wasn't lucky. I also tested Anno 1800, artifacts for 10-15 seconds and CTD

Hope you had a great weekend.

RenegadeZed
Adept II

Tried the 6900xt in my gf PC. Witcher 3 is installed so I tried that. The game launches. But I get a CTD as soon as I finish loading a game file.. so same thing as i get on my PC.

Btw, not quite sure why, but her water-cooler has major coil whine. Sorry for that

https://youtu.be/KaY--n8947U

Edit: I did install 21.10.1

0 Likes