cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shivam1702
Journeyman III

Re: Macbook Pro 16" is HOT & NOISY with an external monitor! :(

I just bought a brand new MBP 16 inch in Feb 2021 and now getting it replaced because of the same issue. 

It is highly disappointing how neither Apple nor AMD are heeding to any of these complaints and ignoring so many disappointed customer complaints. 

This just demonstrates how both these companies are so very keen on emptying their customer's pockets and once they have done that, they just forget about the woes and move on to the next, even more costlier products duping their customers. 

Highly disappointed with Apple. 

0 Likes
sorribes
Journeyman III

Hi,

I have the same issue. The kernel_task process goes through the roof in CPU consumption.

The only way to work is connecting and disconnecting the external screen every 30min ..... with which, all the enjoyment I have had with apple products goes down the toilet with this investment of more than € 3000, a shame dear Tim Cook.....

Apple needs to do something about it or we'll see to it that this goes to press shortly.

Highly disappointed with Apple too.

0 Likes
ProSaif
Journeyman III

I have exact same issue, does anybody know when will come the fix update? 

0 Likes
ProSaif
Journeyman III

The same thing happening here, when I connect the external monitor my MacBook pro-2019 16 inches getting horribly hot, and then all the apps start to lag. just impossible to work any kind of work, even just ms word does not work properly

vladz
Journeyman III

Hello everyone!

I have the same issue. I read tons of information, but still haven't found a solution.

As I understand it is entirely a driver problem, but AMD ignores user requests and still haven't fixed anything.

AMD, when will you give an answer? Stop keep silence and do your job.

0 Likes