cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sherrera
Journeyman III

Low fps in every game with Amd-A10

Hi, yesterday I bought a new HP EliteBook 755 g4 that has an amd-a10 pro 8730b cpu. The first thing I did with it was download the latest drivers (which are supposed to be 18.7.1), but I did not manage to get more than 30 fps in any game, not even League of Legends. Is there something else Im missing? I also tried 18.5.1 version but is not working either. Thanks in advance

EDIT: I also use the notebook plugged in so its not a power issue

0 Likes
15 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: Low fps in every game with Amd-A10

If this is a new computer, you should be using the drivers from HP.

HP EliteBook 755 G4 Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

sherrera
Journeyman III

Hi thanks for your answer! Should I install something else than the amd video drivers from that page? I only installed those but the fps are still really low, thank you

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Yes...install anything the manufacturer has updates for...especially bios and chipset.

Have you read this? > Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD

sherrera
Journeyman III

I only have an integrated r5, its the only video adapter I have in device manager. I tried installing chipset / bios / video drivers from HP page but none of that worked. Today I went to the store where I bought this laptop and they gave me another one exactly the same, but the problem persists so its definitly not a hardware problem. Something is wrong with the drivers but no one in the store knows what and I dont know either, someone has another idea?

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

It is confusing...here on the spec sheet for a 6th Gen AMD PRO A10-8730B APU  it shows it as having switchable graphics. Can you post a screenshot of the Radeon panel?

https://products.amd.com/en-gb/search/APU/AMD-PRO-A-Series-Processors/AMD-PRO-A-Series-A10-APU-for-L...

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

It's probably the base model laptop, only apu graphics.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 7000s 2tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro..
sherrera
Journeyman III

I will post an image as soon as I get home from work in like 6 hours or so. Thank you again for your time and help this has been really frustrating cause nobody in the store seems to have a solution other than buying another model.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

You should still install all the available updates from the manufacturer...also make sure you have your laptop power plan set to 'Performance'.....not 'Balanced'.

0 Likes
sherrera
Journeyman III

Here I got you every screenshot of my configuration until now. Do you think re-installing chipset and video drivers from the Hp page will work this time with a new pc? thanks

1c5ea0a24f18a35b78a02626a93ba6a5.png2f40956242cdb940fb9cb0aab9b4bed4.pngb97bbd94121d50672023b14936117ba1.pngc9601fa066fe0e53a2feeb03ed1b1d24.pngd6d598b70ff20a8505fecd4c0decd01f.png

EDIT: Also, here is League of Legends running with the current configurations in medium quality.. shouldn't it be running at more than just 40fps?fps.png

0 Likes