cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

simonf
Journeyman III

Looking For A Driver For AMD Sata Controller

Hi. I am trying to download some Nortons' software to my computer. The install cannot be completed due to a driver issue. I am running on Windows 10 OS and have an AMD A9 7th Gen chipset. I have a Standard SATA AHCI Controller installed but I need the AMD SATA Controller to enable the software to work. Is there a way I can fix this? I have tried the options that the Norton site gives me but no joy. I am a newbie and need some advice please. All help greatly appreciated.

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Download the AMD Chipset for your CPU here: Chipset .

Run it and see if it installed the AMD SATA Controller driver in Device Manager under "IDE  ATA/ATAPI Controller" . If it didn't, go to the Standard SATA AHCI Controller to "Properties" and click on Update Driver. Direct it under search to the C:\AMD Chipset folder in the Root Directory. Hit enter and it should update the SATA Controller to AMD SATA.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Download the AMD Chipset for your CPU here: Chipset .

Run it and see if it installed the AMD SATA Controller driver in Device Manager under "IDE  ATA/ATAPI Controller" . If it didn't, go to the Standard SATA AHCI Controller to "Properties" and click on Update Driver. Direct it under search to the C:\AMD Chipset folder in the Root Directory. Hit enter and it should update the SATA Controller to AMD SATA.

Many thanks! That did the trick. Every day is a school day! Thanks again

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes