Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ajlueke
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Long load times in Destiny 2 with 17.12.1 and 17.12.2

Jump to solution

In all seriousness though, since your display is disabled in any driver after 18.3.4, you are correct that you can't get the fix for the long load times, as they were present up to at least 18.4.1, without going back to 17.11.1.

I would start a new thread and list the model/specs of the laptop following the guidelines posted earlier.

myvekk
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

From searching this fault in many places, the issue seems to be related to the size of the shader cache files stored here %localappdata%\AMD\DxCache by the AMD driver.  Up to 17.11.1 the driver created files that suited the game requirements.  After that, they cache files were limited to 64kB, & this somehow caused the slow load times.  With 'recommended' drivers, I get only 64kB files, but on rolling back to 17.11.1, I now have a new 32MB cache file timestamped from when I next launched Destiny 2.  The load times have also been fixed.  So the problem is not related to the laptop, but to the game & the drivers.

The other issue was just a footnote as to not being able to use the 'AMD recommended' driver, as it introduces a different fault, which kingfish has blown up as if I posted here because of it, rather than the problem we both had, for which I am grateful for finding a fix of sorts in your thread.  The only reason I posted here was that Google gave me a link directly to this thread while I was researching this fault.

0 Kudos
ajlueke
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

I would still put in a ticket with both the OEM and AMD.  You should be able to get a fix for your display issue as it was working up to 18.3.4.  They should be able to add in that fix, allowing you to play Destiny 2 without the long loads and with something actually on the monitor

0 Kudos
myvekk
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Agreed.  I have done so, several times since last April.  So have several others from the other thread. In the meantime, I'll stick with the 17.11.1 for now.

Last time I had an issue that I reported here & through the official feedback page, it took them ~2 years to get around to undoing whatever they had done to introduce the issue.  Mind you, we had a functional workaround for that one, so it wasn't as bad as disabling the display is.

0 Kudos