Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Long load times in Destiny 2 with 17.12.1 and 17.12.2

Jump to solution

Recommendation:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer (OEM) as the manufacturer has customized the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from most notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system is not the version originally installed on the notebook it may not meet all requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the notebook manufacturer for supported operating systems and drivers.

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Graphics Driver:

AMD provides generic reference drivers for AMD Mobility Radeon graphics with limited support for notebook specific features and functions.

Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Really?  Use the OEM driver is the cure!?  If AMD recommends only using the original OEM drivers, (they are 15.7.n at this point), then why does the driver keep prompting me to update to the latest driver for the 2 R9 M290x Crossfire cards installed in it? 

(As a side query, once the drivers are in, they cards are identified as HD8970s, only MS drivers identify them as R9 M290x cards.  If you market an updated/upclocked card by a new number, why don't the drivers identify them that way?)

The new drivers are downloaded from AMD as the recommended ones for the cards, by AMD.  So, are you saying that AMD recommends not using the drivers that AMD recommends I use?

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Not sure what or why you posted what seems to be an unrelated issue in regards to the topic title.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

You have a laptop computer...which is entirely different than the issue posted. There are many differences in updating a desktop graphics card vs a laptop. Totally different. Laptop graphics update...How to 

Instead of hijacking someones thread...start your own and include > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION 

Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

I have a gaming laptop with EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE AS THE OP.  I simply cannot use this fix, because it introduces a different fault caused by the newer driver that AMD recommends for my graphics cards.

Rolling back to 17.11.1 does seem to have helped, by the way, and instead of dozens of only 64kB DX shader cache files, I now have a new 32MB one after playing Destiny 2 again.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

The long load times was fixed long ago with new driver(can't recall which one), and is still not a problem on newer drivers. So you will have the same issue by using older drivers.

If you are having some other issue with the game on newer drivers, start a new thread.

Seeing your recent posts on other threads e.g. Black Screen on Laptop , may be a better idea to start a new thread and list your issues/main issue on current driver.

Your going to have a hard time trying to get possible fixes, by posting all over the forum on other threads.

Unsub'd.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Sorry.  The original post was because I have been having the same issue as this thread.  I found a fix here, of rolling back to 17.11.1 drivers, but unfortunately the newer drivers that have a proper fix are useless to me.

I edited the original post to state this explicitly as you & kingfish missed that I stated that I play it as well & the implication that the reason for posting was that I have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

From reading this thread, I did find a solution of sorts, which you would have seen if you read all of the post to which you replied.  Installing the older driver LISTED IN THIS THREAD, (17.11.1), is a partial fix.   The latter 'proper' fix of the newer driver, however does not work, since that driver introduces the problems addressed in the other thread and was only mentioned as an afterthought in my original post, but which you and kingfish seem to have mistakenly taken as my main issue in this thread. You are even replying to my post where I explicitly stated that I had the same problem & this thread gave me a partial fix for it.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Não quero receber mensagem

Em ter, 19 de fev de 2019 às 02:30, pokester <amd-external@jiveon.com>

escreveu:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.outcome>

Long load times in Destiny 2 with 17.12.1 and 17.12.2

pokester

<https://community.amd.com/people/pokester?et=watches.email.outcome>

marked kingfish

<https://community.amd.com/people/kingfish?et=watches.email.outcome>'s

reply on Long load times in Destiny 2 with 17.12.1 and 17.12.2

<https://community.amd.com/thread/224143?et=watches.email.outcome> as

helpful. View the full reply

<https://community.amd.com/message/2899929?commentID=2899929&et=watches.email.outcome#comment-2899929>

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

Just to reiterate kingfish‌'s point.  I am the OP of this thread, and as you can see by my system specs posted in the first post, I am clearly not using a laptop.

0 Kudos