Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nazdraa
Journeyman III

Log utility driver issue

Hello

I saw someone asked a question about this , i have same issue so i wanted to know if there is any breaktrough so far

screenshot 1

screenshot 2

screenshot 3

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
30 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

What GPU ? 
What OS ?

0 Likes
nazdraa
Journeyman III

win7 64bit and R9 280X

0 Likes
heath_toolcraft
Journeyman III

Hi, I have the same issue and I know there were no 'uninstalled drivers' when I first installed Windows, but I don't know when the 'AMD log Utility Driver' arrived as an unknown device.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64bit.

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (7870) - Software Adrenalin 2019 v 19.7.1.

Any advice on where to locate the driver for "AMD log utility driver". As per the screen shots attached originally Windows fails to find any relevant drivers and I haven't located anything on the AMD site.

0 Likes

This is a bug affecting Win7...normally the message pops up once and you never see it again. There is also a yellow flag in Device manager. I just delete it. The bug does not affect the drivers or other options/functions.

Add your voice to the report > AMD Issue Reporting Form 

kingfish - thank you for the information, much appreciated. I'll add the issue on the link as you suggest.

0 Likes

Thank you  , will do the report

0 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, we're looking in this issue. 

0 Likes
firatsogut
Journeyman III

I have this problem too, but I don't know if the computer is affected.
0 Likes

You can safely ignore the message (and disable the device in the Device Manager, if you wish).

0 Likes

I deleted. The system began to crash after a couple of minutes.
0 Likes

And what makes you think it's caused by the notice? No crashing involved.

You should start your own thread

0 Likes

Read above.

0 Likes
tlask
Journeyman III

The problem is still there with 19.7.3 on Windows 7 and Sapphire RX 470.

0 Likes

It is a bug for Win7. It in no way effects the performance of the graphics card...or causes any issue.

0 Likes

Thanks Kingfish for the answer.

0 Likes
tomasxxxx
Journeyman III

19.7.3 and 19.7.4 and windows 7. This bug is not repair yet for now.

0 Likes

Whatever issue you are experiencing has nothing to do with the Log Driver bug, which has already been fixed.

Open a new thread and describe the issue you are experiencing.

Schránka01.jpg

0 Likes

Do a clean install of the driver. This was addressed 2 releases ago.

tomasxxxx
Journeyman III

Ok. i try Clean install with same results. Later i try manualy removed "AMD log utility driver" and again clean install. But i dont know if latest crimson "FIXED" driver version install  "amd log utility driver, because i dont see him in device manager more. 

0 Likes
acemorgan
Journeyman III

AMD Log Utility Driver.PNGI also have this problem with the AMD Log Utility Driver appearing  in the device manager with a yellow question mark.

The AMD Tech support people told me  to use the AMD Cleanup Utility in safe mode.  It said done successfully.

Still  hasn't changed to issue. had the 1.9.5.2 driver &  updated to the 1.9.7.2  &  now the 1.9.7.5. drivers. Any different suggestions I can do? I have the windows 7 64-bit & the Asus R9-290X D2 OC

0 Likes

This is a bug in Win7....it in no way affects the driver function. Ignore it.

0 Likes

I had to right click on it in the device manager to uninstall it. Then I reinstalled the 1.9.7.5  Version of  graphic card drivers & software. Everything went well without any issues.

0 Likes
tonycarron
Journeyman III

That problem is present yet in 20.1.1 version !!!!!

0 Likes

In Win 7....

0 Likes

Yep I have the same problem with the "Log Utility Driver" Showing up again when checked in Device Manager when I updated my GPU to the new 20.1.1 from the 19.12.2.0 I had  Right after the installing process computer rebooted right back up to finish installing a message popped up say in the install failed. In the programs & features it shows the new date & time I installed and the same version I had which is 19.12.2.0.  So then I clicked to Uninstall the Radeon Software and rebooted to finish. I checked back in the programs & features to see the Amd Software is gone but in my computer C:/ the AMD folder is still there & the C:/ Programs the the AMD folder is also still there. Then I went back to the Device Manager to right click on the "Log Utility Driver" to uninstall it. Then I went to the AMD site to download the new 20.1.1 version and I installed it without any trouble. It shows the version & date & time in the programs & features. Then I went back into the Device Manager to right click on that "Log Utility Driver" to uninstall it after seeing it appear again. So all looks well now with any issues. Hope I did it right. 

0 Likes
adimian12
Journeyman III

I do have the same issue these days after trying to update my AMD Radeon R5 M230 driver's from 19.9.2 to 19.12 then 20.1.3 then 20.1.4 all fails to be installed correctly or easly I always receiver error message during installation . At the end I reinstall back my oldest and smooth version 19.9.2 . After that I start receiving the AMD log utility driver pop up and no driver found . 

I don't know what to do based on feed back here on my Lenovo G510 and windows 7 x64 

0 Likes
adimian12
Journeyman III

Finally the latest update 20.2.1 works fine . I install it with no issue or error messages. Thanks 

0 Likes

next time...right click the properties link and go to Details>>>Select Hardware id and copy the first line

into to browser: Search  :   ROOT\AMDLOG

When you have go to this link look for the right one only select download!

DO NOT SELECT INSTALL WITH BLA! Just click download!

https://XXX .driverscloud.com/en/drivers/hardware/117776/amd-log

You get redirected to the next page this will show DOWNLOAD TRUE DRIVERCLOUDSERVER...>!

Go ahead and download the driver, the list below is a copy of the last page before downloading that file

this should in this case always look somewhat like this!   HOPE IT HELPS!

Driver namenon-whql-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.11.3-win7-64bit-nov30.exe
File size651.88 MB
ManufacturerAMD
OSWindows 7-64
Online date11/30/2020
Beta status 
OEM status 
MD5 of the driver6ca609a2b483c6f77458284a052682bc
INF file nameamdfendr.inf
INF file date10/13/2020
Version20.40.0.0003
Classsystem
WHQL status 
Driver categoryGRAPHICS
Compatible hardwareAMD LOG
0 Likes

THE LINK XXX SHould BE WWW obliviosly still if this link should redirect other then discribed your not in the right place!

Always check before download if the file name suggest the correct download:

non-whql-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-20.11.3-win7-64bit-nov30

This is no spam or virus if so please ban me right away!

Altough that would be a shame..!

0 Likes