cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pkeuter
Journeyman III

LoadLibrary error 126 when using RDP with Windows 1903 update

Since installing the Windows 1903 update (from MSDN), I'm getting this error on my machine when opening Radeon Settings when logged in from RDP:

pastedImage_1.png

Also when I use VcXsrv, the same message pops up. When I completely uninstall the AMD driver, the issue goes away. Obviously for Radeon Settings, because they are not installed anymore. But VcXsrv starts working fine from that point on. After reinstalling, both issues reappear.

This worked fine with the same driver version on the 1809 update. Again: this error message only appears when using RDP. It works fine when logging in on the machine directly.

Versions:

• Windows: 1903 (18362.53)
  • Radeon: 19.4.2
  • GPU: RX480

Update: I have now reverted the driver to the latest version installed with Windows Update (17.1.1) and this seems to resolve my problem, although I would really like to use the 19 series driver again.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Historically, AMD doesn't release drivers for new preview builds until the build is officially full general public release.

Your on your own until then.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Well in that case, they'll have the information for when the public release is out :-)

0 Likes
pkeuter
Journeyman III

This issue is still not resolved in the latest release (19.5.1).

0 Likes