cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shinoryoshu
Journeyman III

Live Kernel Event 141 issue ever since return after not using computer

Ever since I got back from a 6 month trip away from my computer no matter which driver I update to it always crashes and gives me Live Kernel Event 141 which if my reading is right is related to the GPU, but it only happens when games are launched

I also received Live Kernel 117 once, and I Blue screened with Thread stuck in driver error once as well.

Specs: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

GPU: Sapphire Radeon Rx Vega 64

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw V 16Gb

MOBO: MSI Gaming AMD Ryzen B350

PSU: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W

Displays: 2 AOC 144Hz Freesync

Honestly, this is a last resort for me I feel like i've tried every possible solution.  I have tried 4 or 5 different driver versions each being clean installed via DDU.  I have cleaned the slot and the card itself, and messed around with wattman thinking it was a power draw issue.  Updated BIOS to current version, along with all recommended drivers to fix error.  No luck though please help

Edit: Just ran Mem test on RAM no errors

0 Likes
4 Replies

Sounds to me like the 6 months worth of Windows Updates that were applied when you started your computer up has corrupted your OS. I would do a new/clean full install of the latest Win10 version.

0 Likes

So I did run an SFC on the boot drive and it found no errors on is it still possible its corrupted

0 Likes

This old Microsoft thread concerning your error 141: LiveKernelEvent 141 error message - Microsoft Community . Only one answer from the Forum:

These crashes were called BCC116 and are related to your video sub system.  Please follow the instructions in this wiki

From Wiki from link above:

It is possible since it crashes during heavy loads (playing games) your PSU may not be able to give enough power to the GPU card.

Also according to other Users, make sure your Vega64 Power connectors each has a separate PSU cable connected to it and not piggybacked on one cable.

According to this website PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX  you need a minimum PSU of 700 watts to run a computer system with a Vega64 installed. Plus you have a 95 watt TDP Ryzen Processor. Those two under heavy loads may surpass your PSU wattage causing the crashes during game play.

One way to eliminate the PSU as a possible cause is to run OCCT PSU Test and see if it crashes.

Also as stated above, try first installing the latest Vega64 driver from AMD Download: Radeon™ RX Vega 64 Drivers & Support | AMD  since it has been 6 months of Windows updates you missed. The latest AMD Driver needs Windows to be fully updated to work correctly as mentioned by Kingfish in his previous comment.

In case the latest doesn't work try installing a previous Vega64 driver from AMD Download from here: Radeon™ RX Vega 64 Previous Drivers | AMD 

Why would the issue have now popped up if I had gamed on this same system before I left with no issues, also I have used FurMark to max out the load with no crash until I launch a game.