Adept II

Re: Listed as fixed but zero rpm still not working in 19.1.1

In 19.2.2. still not working?

0 Likes
pantzerman
Adept I

I have same issue.
So I will stick with driver 18.12.1 (last time custom fan and Zero RPM worked) until they fix it.

If I try to run custom fan curves with newer drivers my fans run at 1300(!!!) RPM as lowest possible value. That is what they usually ran at in some games. My CPUs water cooler (pump) used to the loudest part when computer was idle. With the newer drivers its the GPU.

I have a Sapphire V56 Pulse.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

please everyone keep complaining about this to AMD support. Hopefully the pull their head out of it and fix this:

Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
sol
Adept II

Amd's global support replies they know about the problem and they'r on it. So keep waiting, there is still hope for us.  

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Keep complaining until their "we know about it" shows up in the drivers as a know problem again or it is fixed!

0 Likes
ayyyman
Adept I

Sapphire Trixx started to work properly, I can now set fan curve as I like- but there is still no 0 RPM mode.

Lowest you can get on V56 Pulse is 500+ RPM and it's silent and acceptable.

Temporary fixed that problem this way.

trix.jpg

pokester
MVP

LOL

Fixed Issues

• Zero RPM will correctly disable in Radeon WattMan on available system configurations when manual fan curve is enabled.

So AMD thinks people want the fans to run all the time in manual mode?  

I don't have my RX 580 installed and my other cards don't have these Wattman settings. Can someone confirm what these fans are really doing under this new driver?

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

According to the release notes in the 19.2.3 driver it sounds like that is by design. I don't get it. They sure are not listening to their users. I hope I'm reading it wrong or something. I'm sure someone will confirm. 

0 Likes
stilo2
Adept II

So it looks like AMD ditched Zero RPM completely for custom fan setups. That's just bad  

0 Likes
ayyyman
Adept I

Yep, zero rpm switch dissapear when you switch fans from auto to manual

and what Im showing right now is the lowest you can get on curve, thats damn stupid

retarded.jpg

0 Likes