cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pokester
MVP

Re: Fixed Issue Really? 19.1.1 zero rpm still not working!

Okay so I know people were going to want to know does Afterburner suceed too where Wattman does not? Well I can confirm that yes it does. The fan works just groovy! Same thing as with Trixx. I uninstalled Trixx, loaded up Afterburner set my settings the same and yup Afterburner working like a champ!

Aferburner doesn't show as clearly the fan at zero with that graph. So I'm showing this too.

Oh my fan curve in Afterburner. Working no issues so far.

sol
Adept II

RX 580 - same problem. Getting pretty sick of this. Rly guys there are buttload of fan-control programs - is that so hard to copy it?

0 Kudos
sol
Adept II

U r not using the manual mode with fanspeed curve adjusting. That's the whole point of the conversation. Zero rpm works only with auto-mod making the curve mode pointless.

0 Kudos
yahaway
Adept II

well look at it this way, at least your rx580 stays cool all the time.

0 Kudos
yahaway
Adept II

glad you found a work around but you shouldn't need to rely on a third party fan controller. amd must have tasked the new guy to write code for the 2019 drivers. everyone else must be busy working on the new 7nm...lol

stilo2
Adept II

I still have the same problem on AORUS RX580 8GB. Did an update to 19.1.1 and zero RPM was working until I changed RPM curve.

PS. Does anyone use AORUS Graphics Engine? Does it allow manual setup of fans?

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Yes until you go manual. Then you can't get the fans to drop below 35%.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Listed as fixed but zero rpm still not working in 19.1.1

We addressed an issue in 19.1.1 relating to Zero Fan mode.

In order for Zero fan mode to work, the Fan and Temperature settings should be left at default values (automatic). If you switch to manual and or make adjustments, Zero fan mode will be dsiabled.

life_gamingyt
Adept I

I'm sorry Mr. Matt, but that's just not good enough.

In 18.12 everything worked even with the custom fan curve, and NO, I don't like the default 75C fan curve because it's just too much heat and my NVMe is just below the GPU. I just want normal temperatures on my GPU because I have a huge cooler on it (Gigabyte RX 580 XTR) and it's a very good cooler but you are just killing everything with your fan curve and your Zero Fan mode. It worked before, why isn't it working now???

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate the feedback, I'll pass it on to engineering.