Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pokester
MVP

Listed as fixed but zero rpm still not working in 19.1.1

Fixed Issues

• Zero RPM control may fail to enable correctly when toggled on/off in Radeon Settings.

Fans still running when they should not be.

Message was edited by: Matt B

Edit title

63 Replies
life_gamingyt
Adept I

Re: Fixed Issue Really? 19.1.1 zero rpm still not working!

Same thing happens to me.

I have a Gigabyte RX 580 8GB XTR version and the fans never stop spinning
They are going to wear out faster

Please AMD, fix this issue and stop killing your own products

+ Default fan curve is ridiculous!

72C is OK?

In 18.12.2 65C was OK.

I only run Watman to fix the fan curve and it disables the Zero RPM on the card and it was built with "FAN STOP" RGB on the card...

pvcdroid
Adept II

I have notice that in Automatic mode, Zero fan does work but not when setting fan manually. That's with today's new driver on my Gigabyte Vega 64 OC.

The prior driver ran the fan always and would never shut it off.

wuchzael
Adept II

Same issue with the Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+

I guess if the let the "yellow line" (fan speed) start at zero the problem should be solved?!

Also my HBM2 doesn't boost to the value I set until I force it with "Set this as minimum value" and then it runs much hotter than with 18.12.1.1.
And at last I still have issues with the Radeon Overlay which just won't show up in much games or just minimizes the game and shows the overlay on the Desktop.

Regards

johnsmith777
Adept II

Rx590 here, Zero RPM is not working either. Still using SpeedFan to stop the fans.

johnsmith777
Adept II

If you are worried about the fans spinning, use SpeedFan to stop the fans. It works great!

chuckie
Adept I

I can´t set the Curve below 25% (1050 RPM), and ZeroFan Switch has no effect.

I even edited the XML-File to 0% PWM at 50°C, but no effect, it is locked at a Minimum of 25%.

MSI RX570 8GB Armor OC

The driver with the old Fan-Management works great, and MSI Afterburner does aswell, even with the new driver.

emilioarg
Adept III

Works for me on a RX550. Did you do a clean installation?

zerormp.jpg

life_gamingyt
Adept I

Yes, full clean install. When I activate Watman, the zero RPM stops doing it's job.

pokester
MVP

So tonight I did something I have not done in over a year. I went back to a 3rd party utility for controlling fan/temp, power limit and overclocking. I have given Wattman a years try and instead of improving IMHO it has become worse. It is tricky at it's best and a nightmare at it's worst. The inability for AMD to even control the fan and temp in their own Wattman interface is IMHO pathetic. It isn't the underlying driver, the game drivers work good, the hardware controls are obviously fundamentally fine too as switching to this 3rd party utility proves. No I didn't load afterburner, I have always admired the program but found it a bit bulk, intrusive and overkill for my needs. This isn't really criticism I think it's great I just alway found Saphire's trixx better for me. So I went to the Trixx site and they claim current compatibility again, plus their utility unlike afterburner is an AMD customizing utility only. Their utility only sets controls that are already in the driver. So I reset Wattman to defaults, loaded up trixx and set my settings I have been using in Wattman in trixx and presto. It is stable and the most importantly the fan absolutely behaves as it should. Thanks Saphire for making a great utility that I can confirm does work with 19.1.1 and so far all works great. I will report if this ends up having some sort issue ultimately. I don't understand why AMD has such trouble controlling their own hardware. I also don't see why I should wait for AMD to fix and issue that apparently doesn't exist in their driver but only in their interface control. As you can see I am at 27 degrees and the FAN IS NOT RUNNING AND I AM USING THE CUSTOM FAN SETTING. Same driver no tricks, just using trixx instead.

My custom fan setting in trixx, working as it should: