Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Pyyyter
Adept I

Limited RAM on 2400G

Hi everybody.

I have a Ryzen 5 2400G, with Vega 11, and Asus A520M-A,

About RAM, i have a single card of 8GB, but is limited to 5,91 GB.

I've formatted the computer, changed the settings in MSCONFIG, and I don't know what else to do. Also, the memory is 3000 mHz, but it only shows 2600. Is it the integrated graphics card taking memory?

0 Likes
1 Solution

The APU integrated graphics vRAM is taken from your System RAM Memory. If in BIOS you have the Integrated vRAM set for 2 GBs then that means you have 2 GBs less of System RAM MEMORY to use in your computer.

So yes if you have one 8 GB of RAM Memory installed and you have 2 GBs for your Integrated vRAM set in BIOS that means you only have 6 GBs of System RAM Memory to use for your computer other needs.

In BIOS you can set the Integrated vRAM from 512 MB to 2 GB depending on your BIOS settings.

NOTE: Since you don't have a Discrete separate GPU Card you might want to add another same 8 GB RAM Memory stick to your computer or purchase a 16 GB RAM MEMORY SET.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies

The APU integrated graphics vRAM is taken from your System RAM Memory. If in BIOS you have the Integrated vRAM set for 2 GBs then that means you have 2 GBs less of System RAM MEMORY to use in your computer.

So yes if you have one 8 GB of RAM Memory installed and you have 2 GBs for your Integrated vRAM set in BIOS that means you only have 6 GBs of System RAM Memory to use for your computer other needs.

In BIOS you can set the Integrated vRAM from 512 MB to 2 GB depending on your BIOS settings.

NOTE: Since you don't have a Discrete separate GPU Card you might want to add another same 8 GB RAM Memory stick to your computer or purchase a 16 GB RAM MEMORY SET.

0 Likes

And about the mHz, the graphic card take up too?

0 Likes

About the Processor's speed depends on many things.

No, A GPU card doesn't use up System RAM Memory. It has it own vRAM on the GPU Card.

0 Likes

May be OP has not set XMP profile in mobo bios settings for ram speed to get 3000Mhz ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Good point.

0 Likes

ok, i will try it

0 Likes

Oh bro i tried this, but my pc just reboot and reboot 5 times in 10 seconds and after this revert my configs.

and i noticed that isn't 2600 mHz, its just using 2400

2,21 GB and 600 mHz kicked out T_T

0 Likes

ok i tried setting by setting and the powerful that is running without error is 2866 MhZ, at least 466+

when i setted 2933, the windows crashed with "page fault nonpaged area"

Obs : i am using 1.35V and it's yellow, and im using windows 11 insider, but I've had this problem for a long time

0 Likes

Look at your Motherboard's QVL list for Ryzen APU RAM MEMORY LIST.

IF your Memory is listed check at what speeds the motherboard supports on it. It may not support XMP or overclocking the RAM for you specific RAM part number.

What is the Make & Model of your Motherboard and RAM Memory modules that you are using?

Also AMD doesn't officially support any drivers for Windows 11 until the OS becomes official and released to the public.

0 Likes

This is my RAM : https://www.terabyteshop.com.br/produto/15810/memoria-ddr4-hikvision-8gb-3000mhz-hked4081cba2d1za28g

And this is my MOBO : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-A520M-E/

I noticed that my fortnite is crashing and having render problems, like the famous "t pose" in the locker room, and bad render in map, when i set the frequency to 2866.

At 1.35V, they crashed.

I setted 1.30V, and still crashing. What to do?

*In League of Legends i literally had a gain of 40~50 FPS

0 Likes

Unfortunately you purchased a strictly Chinese made RAM Memory. So there is no way of knowing how compatible the RAM is for your Ryzen APU processor or Motherboard.

It is a good bet that it isn't very compatible with the APU and Motherboard but this is just my own opinion.

Hikivision is a Chinese owned company. Owned partly by the Chinese Government and banned here in the USA and several other countries.

So it is impossible to know the quality of the RAM Memory you have compared to other similar Non-Chinese RAM Memory.

Found out when AMD Website mentions you have either Illegal HMTL Characters or unexpected error it means you have been censored by some word(s) or phrasing  in the script.

Found this out when I mentioned the type of government China has it kept giving me the above errors.

Just type Com___nist.

Screenshot 2021-08-19 104255.png

AMD should change the above error to indicate that a certain word or phrase is being censored instead of saying an "Error" has occurred. At least it will give the User an idea on how to edit his comment in the future.

thank you for real. I never thought that this could happen, as hikvision is a widespread brand, but since it was bought by china, so there is no longer any trust

0 Likes

In case you need proof of what I mentioned about Hikivision: https://www.securityinfowatch.com/video-surveillance/article/21227289/fcc-moves-one-step-closer-to-b...

Now the above doesn't mean your RAM Memory might be of poor quality or not. It could be a good quality RAM but you will need to read reviews about the Hikivision RAM from other Users to find out or from Tech Review sites.

It just means that the company that owns Hikivision RAM manufacturer Hikivision is a Chinese own company with connections to the Chinese Government.

Bit of a messy system setup, 2400g not on the mobo supported processors list, ram not on supported list.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

@goodplay 

Man I didn't check whether the Ryzen 2400g was supported or not. I just took it for granted since it was able to boot up but you are correct it isn't supported or listed in Asus CPU SUPPORT LIST: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-A520M-E/HelpDesk_CPU/

@Pyyyter  You have two huge issues. Both your Ryzen APU Processor and RAM are shown not to be supported. The APU Processor especially. That is probably why you are having so much problems.

According to Asus Motherboard Specs it doesn't support the 2000 series APU Processors. I am surprised it was able to boot up into Windows.

Thank you so much for your help, and I believe what you said about china. I don't trust anything that comes from there, it's all the same, just with different names. I may have sounded wrong because I'm Brazilian and my English is pretty basic, lmao

0 Likes
terrysmiths
Journeyman III

I think it depends on the OS bits and also usage. I have 8gb Total DDR3 ram with motherboard combability of full usage with 2gb of NVidia Card. But still got usage memory of 5.6gb lol.

0 Likes