Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kheyda
Journeyman III

Lenovo Vantage overwriting Radeon Software Custom Colour Profiles

Hi all,

First of all I'm using a Lenovo Legion 5-15ARH05 (R5 4600H/GTX 1650) with custom color and color temperature control enabled. But since yesterday when I start a game or alt-tab or reboot my pc they both get disabled so I have to turn them back on everytime, they auto restore to default. I'm on the 21.12.1 version. Anyone has an idea please ?

Thanks 

1 Solution

YES!!!! iT'S VANTAGE CAUSING IT!
Uninstall it rn and report to vantageteam@lenovo.com and others!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
dotExe_
Adept II

I have the same problem!

Today, after putting the PC into sleep, my screen got a yellow tint, and this happens from now on every time I put the laptop to sleep or restart/shutdown. Seems like my settings for Color Temperature are not saved. Initially I thought it was Windows Defender messing with the driver, but after deactivating it, downgrading to 20.10.1 and upgrading to 21.12.1, of course checking meanwhile if the the problem persists between versions, the same behaviour persists. It's frustrating to set up the color temperature to 10000 K from the default 6500 K.

I have to mention though that sometimes it looks like the color temperature is fine until I get past the lock screen, so there's that.

At least I'll love if you can give me a workaround, like a command in CMD so I can make Windows to start that script every time after sleep/restart.

0 Likes
FriendlyYep47
Journeyman III

i thought im the only one experience this, I'm also have the exact same problem with Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 (R5 4600H/GTX 1650), it's just occurs recently probably since 3 days ago, as far im experiencing the only settings that got reset from the Display Settings is Color Temperature back to default (6500) only when you're using fullscreen settings in game and whenever it sleep, for me in Apex Legend using fullscreen whenever the client start it automatically resetting the Color Temp and it's so freakin annoying, so temporarily im kinda doing workaround by using borderless 1080 res, so far i haven't found any permanent solution, hopefully there's permanent solution or maybe a fix from the radeon software

0 Likes

Did you update Lenovo Valtage recently? Because I updated it exactly 3 days ago +  1 day for today, on 21/12.
Since only Lenovo PCs are affected, it has just come to my mind that Vantage needed to reintall it's services.
I'll try uninstalling it and post here the results.

0 Likes

YES!!!! iT'S VANTAGE CAUSING IT!
Uninstall it rn and report to vantageteam@lenovo.com and others!

It worked for me too ! Thanks a lot ! I'm just gonna deal without vantage for now and hope they fix it soon. 

0 Likes

Though you shouldn't hype; I just played some Death Stranding and from middle of nothing my screen got the yellow tint again, while it never happened since I uninstalled Vantage, I see this as either the culprit being on both AMD and Lenovo, either Lenovo's services are left out and running in background even after uninstall... thing which I checked rn and yeah, ImController, Vantage Addin and others are still running.

I checked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\VantageService\3.10.26.0 and there were still some programs, thankfully Lenovo was kind enough to left out an uninstaller, but there are still paths with services and lots of programs from ImController in C:\Windows\Lenovo\ImController , those are apparently components of a system device called Interface Foundation bla bla, here I found how to uninstall it: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Pre-Installed-Lenovo-Software/I-uninstalled-vantage-Is-this-a-bad-idea/...

0 Likes

Hi, I know this an old thread but I have been dealing with this issue for years already. If I uninstalled the Lenovo Vantage, how do I utilize Battery Conservation Mode on a laptop? That feature is very helpful and I use it all the time. What do?

0 Likes

Hello! There is nothing you can do without Vantage. I can't even think Lenovo would expose some API or give you access to separate drivers for you to control it directly via API/driver calls, and even if you'd reverse engineer their driver(s), I bet it'd be cumbersome even if you knew a thing or two about programming.

0 Likes