Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brunocro997
Adept I

Lenovo G500 Amd Radeon HD 8570M Error code 43

Hello, 

For the past few years I've been using Amd Radeon HD 8570M (with AMD Radeon software adrenalin 2019 edition) and swithcable Intel(R) HD Graphics, without a problem. Yesterday I installed a new ADATA SU630 SSD. I installed all new windows updates, updates for Intel HD graphics and I installed new AMD Radeon software adrenalin 2019 edition. After installing the amd software, my amd graphics card got disabeled (code 43). After that I tried many solutions (uninstalling software, uninstalling device in Device manager, using apps like Driver Talent, using safe mode in windows). After all those attempts I still got nothing. Although it is interesting that when I have Amd software installed, on device manager says I have Amd Radeon R5 M200 / HD 8500M Series. But when i dont have Amd software and I have updates from windows, it says I have Amd Radeon HD 8570M and it is working properly. Also I would like to point out that on my old HDD my installed windows were mbr, now I have them installed on gpt (I dont know if that makes a difference for graphics card).

Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2020 @ 2.40GHz

4GB DDR RAM

ADATA SU630 SSD 240GB

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1903

Graphics cards: Amd Radeon HD 8570M & Intel(R) HD Graphics

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

DO NOT USE 3rd party APPS THAT LOAD DRIVERS FOR YOU. THEY ARE ALL BAD, IN MANY CASES MALWARE. Now that I am done yelling, I hate those apps they are such bad news. 

First you need to make sure you update your Intel graphics driver to the latest version before installing the latest AMD driver.

I would suggest you download the latest Intel Driver and AMD driver. Don't use updater apps. Go to the websites for each and download your driver.  This is the link to your AMD driver: AMD Radeon™ HD 8570M Series GPU Drivers & Support | AMD 

Download DDU from wagnardsoft_com and run it from safe mode with the internet disabled. It comes with instructions, follow them. This will give you a clean slate for reloading the drivers correctly.

Then restart to normal, but keep the internet disabled.

Install the Intel Driver and then your AMD driver. When both are installed you can turn your internet back on.

Disabling the Internet helps make sure that Windows Update doesn't interfere with the drivers being installed properly. Microsoft has a habit of trying to force it's repository drivers in at the same time corrupting the installs.

Once restarted you set your computer to high performance if you want to favor the better graphics.

Follow this page for how to use Switchable Graphics:  Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD 

-----------------------

Now the really bad news. Loading the AMD driver does not always work properly on every laptop. The makers  of these laptops in your case Lenovo often make changes to the drivers they release to work with changes they made that are not to reference spec. The AMD drivers do not have any changes Lenovo may have made,so your mileage may vary as to how well or if at all the AMD drivers work. If they don't you can run DDU again and return to the last driver Lenovo released for your product. If that is the case complain to Lenovo, nothing AMD can do, they didn't make your machine.  Hopefully the above process works out fine for you though.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

DO NOT USE 3rd party APPS THAT LOAD DRIVERS FOR YOU. THEY ARE ALL BAD, IN MANY CASES MALWARE. Now that I am done yelling, I hate those apps they are such bad news. 

First you need to make sure you update your Intel graphics driver to the latest version before installing the latest AMD driver.

I would suggest you download the latest Intel Driver and AMD driver. Don't use updater apps. Go to the websites for each and download your driver.  This is the link to your AMD driver: AMD Radeon™ HD 8570M Series GPU Drivers & Support | AMD 

Download DDU from wagnardsoft_com and run it from safe mode with the internet disabled. It comes with instructions, follow them. This will give you a clean slate for reloading the drivers correctly.

Then restart to normal, but keep the internet disabled.

Install the Intel Driver and then your AMD driver. When both are installed you can turn your internet back on.

Disabling the Internet helps make sure that Windows Update doesn't interfere with the drivers being installed properly. Microsoft has a habit of trying to force it's repository drivers in at the same time corrupting the installs.

Once restarted you set your computer to high performance if you want to favor the better graphics.

Follow this page for how to use Switchable Graphics:  Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD 

-----------------------

Now the really bad news. Loading the AMD driver does not always work properly on every laptop. The makers  of these laptops in your case Lenovo often make changes to the drivers they release to work with changes they made that are not to reference spec. The AMD drivers do not have any changes Lenovo may have made,so your mileage may vary as to how well or if at all the AMD drivers work. If they don't you can run DDU again and return to the last driver Lenovo released for your product. If that is the case complain to Lenovo, nothing AMD can do, they didn't make your machine.  Hopefully the above process works out fine for you though.

Thank you for your quick response!

Unfortunately this metod did not work out. I followed every step and did exactly like you told me to, but the results are the same. 

In the meantime I found out that Lenovo does not support my model G500 with latest drivers, so I dont have a source to download Intel HD Graphics drivers. So I downloaded drivers for Windows 8.1 (and they work!) but my Amd doesnt work.

Right now I am trying to convert my ssd to mbr, install new Windows and try everything again.

0 Likes

https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

Hello

Thank you very much for your help! My problem has been solved. Since Leneovo G500 isn't supported with latest drivers for Windows 10, I reinstalled Windows 10 and converted my SSD to MBR partition style and used your advice to update Intel graphics drivers and it worked!

Glad you got it sorted..:)

You might consider marking the issue correct/solved to help others with the same problem

0 Likes

Hello, (and sorry for the necro)

I have the same laptop as brunocro997 . I just want to ask him what solution finally worked for him. I have the latest Intel driver installed before the latest AMD, but the AMD driver is giving error "No AMD graphics driver installed.. etc" after installation.

Another question: Since I play the newest games (with low hardware requirements) do I have any other option than going back to Lenovo GPU driver released 21 Jan 2014 for Win 8.1?

Thanks for your support.

0 Likes

Good day! I faced identical problem myself and none of the solutions worked for me. I've tried all possible drivers (the most recent, from Lenovo's website, etc.), I've used DDU many times.

My problem was solved by building drivers from Leshcatlabs (their site is not available, but sourceforge is still working). According to the instructions pokester, I removed the installed drivers, and then installed the assembly Catalyst_16.2.1_UnifL_v1.0. and after reboot everything worked.

Windows 10 x64

https://sourceforge.net/projects/leshcatlabs/

0 Likes
petrosz
Journeyman III

Not sure, if concern is still valid, but for me, following worked on  clean win pro installation:

- latest Intel graphics driver for HD4000 (15.33.53.5161) https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29969/a08/win64_15.33.53.5161.exe

- G410/G510 driver downloaded from Lenovo site, as

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/id/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g410...

or as a direct link:

htttps://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/0ig101af.exe

0 Likes