cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dinhnamvn123
Journeyman III

[Lenovo] AMD setting gone after Bios

Hi everybody, I just bought an IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05, running AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1650, After I bought it, Lenovo Vantage made an update for the Bios system, then the AMD setting is gone, can't download AMD setting Lite from Microsoft store with error Code: 0x803FB005, and NO I only use Window Security, even reinstall from Lenovo support page didn't fix it, or from AMD software as well. Is this a common thing? What can I do? 

PS: I did post one of this on Lenovo forum but NO answer for the past 2 days. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

From what I can tell your laptop has both AMD and Nvidia GPUs in it.

It has the AMD APU Radeon Integrated Graphics and a Nvidia Discrete GPU card.

Does Device Manager show any errors especially under "Display"?

It is possible that the Nvidia Driver is interfering or in conflict with the AMD Driver and it related software.

Here is your Lenovo Support download page for your Laptop. To get the best download page input your laptop's serial number. But this page should have the same downloads though: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-gaming-3-15arh05/d...

I see that the latest BIOS for your laptop is from 02/02/2021 -

• FCCN16WW
  • 02 Feb 2021

I also see that both AMD and Nvidia Graphics drivers have been updated. You will need to update all the Laptop Graphics, AMD & Nvidia, in your laptop. All these Graphic drivers were updated AFTER the new BIOS was installed.

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

Also Lenovo Support updated the Laptop's Chipset which also concerns the Internal Graphics after the new BIOS update:

Basically I would update all the Drivers in your laptop since many are after the latest BIOS update.

I would first update the Laptop's Chipset Drivers than update FIRST the AMD driver and then the Nvidia Driver using DDU in Safe Mode (best method) or on the Desktop with the Internet disconnected and deleting any AMD and Nvidia Installation folders at C:\AMD & C:\Nvidia.

Use DDU to remove both the AMD and Nvidia current drivers at the same time.

Download both AMD and Nvidia Drivers and install the AMD Driver first and see if it works correctly then install the Nvidia driver next.

If  everything installs correctly and is working then reconnect the Internet and again delete the AMD & Nvidia Installation folders at C:\AMD & C:\Nvidia.

It is possible you need to update both the AMD and Nvidia at the same time but installing AMD first before installing Nvidia.

NOTE: Make sure you make a Restore Point in case something unexpected happens.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

From what I can tell your laptop has both AMD and Nvidia GPUs in it.

It has the AMD APU Radeon Integrated Graphics and a Nvidia Discrete GPU card.

Does Device Manager show any errors especially under "Display"?

It is possible that the Nvidia Driver is interfering or in conflict with the AMD Driver and it related software.

Here is your Lenovo Support download page for your Laptop. To get the best download page input your laptop's serial number. But this page should have the same downloads though: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-gaming-3-15arh05/d...

I see that the latest BIOS for your laptop is from 02/02/2021 -

• FCCN16WW
  • 02 Feb 2021

I also see that both AMD and Nvidia Graphics drivers have been updated. You will need to update all the Laptop Graphics, AMD & Nvidia, in your laptop. All these Graphic drivers were updated AFTER the new BIOS was installed.

Also Lenovo Support updated the Laptop's Chipset which also concerns the Internal Graphics after the new BIOS update:

Basically I would update all the Drivers in your laptop since many are after the latest BIOS update.

I would first update the Laptop's Chipset Drivers than update FIRST the AMD driver and then the Nvidia Driver using DDU in Safe Mode (best method) or on the Desktop with the Internet disconnected and deleting any AMD and Nvidia Installation folders at C:\AMD & C:\Nvidia.

Use DDU to remove both the AMD and Nvidia current drivers at the same time.

Download both AMD and Nvidia Drivers and install the AMD Driver first and see if it works correctly then install the Nvidia driver next.

If  everything installs correctly and is working then reconnect the Internet and again delete the AMD & Nvidia Installation folders at C:\AMD & C:\Nvidia.

It is possible you need to update both the AMD and Nvidia at the same time but installing AMD first before installing Nvidia.

NOTE: Make sure you make a Restore Point in case something unexpected happens.

It doesn't work, in reddit, someone said, I need to wait an update for this, newest driver usually cause this problem, It true? 

0 Likes
abhmat1990
Journeyman III

Did you install the new amd display driver update ,

I got black screen after that

0 Likes