cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Griede
Journeyman III

legacy driver installer wont install unless its in administrator mode

Logged in as administrator, with an administrator account, with no other accounts

Open as administrator, run as administrator in compatibility mode

i tried all of this.

launcher opens, once i select express or custom, as soon as process bar finishes it gives a message

Setup will only run in administrator mode.  Setup is aborting.

and set up closes out

0 Likes
10 Replies

Thanks.

0 Likes

I dont mean to be rude, but that is probably the most confusing reply i have ever seen on any web page.

0 Likes

My answer was completely relevant to your post. I was being as vague as your post was.

You expect for someone to help you without any type of information on your computer or what steps you took to fix the issue or go into detail about the issue you posted.

It is the same if you call a Car Dealership repair shop and tell the mechanic, My car isn't running right, how do I fix it. No other information. what do you believe is the first thing the Mechanic will ask?  complete information about your Make & Model of your car and engine.

Most likely you are new to Forums by the way you made this thread, so for that, I am sorry about this type of reply. But I did it on purpose to get your attention.

Some Users, you are not the first one, in the past I have asked for more information about their PC or issue and they became upset.

AMD Forum rules does state to post your computer information when you open a thread.  Of course hardly anyone reads Forum rules, including myself in which I am guilty of doing in the past, so I don't blame you. It is normal for new Users.

0 Likes

well hmm, i wonder what my computers stats could be... where might i find that???

http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/foxconn-2a92-mainboard-specs-742010h517p/

AMD Athelon II quad core

8 GB ram

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7000

now my specific issue is that the LEGACY Drivers for this graphics card WILL NOT INSTALL.

and continue to post a message stateing it can only install IN ADMINISTRATIVE MODE.

and after i clearly stated in my first post that i am the administrator, owner of all files, and launched the thing in administrator mode, it still posts this message.

is there ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU NEED?

if it helps, i was listing to "never gonna give you up" by Rick Astley right before i got the message.

0 Likes

What an idiotic reply, if you cared to look up driver specs your card and cpu is legacy status, no newer drivers will ever be supplied.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I've always had issues with the final legacy driver and recommend using the prior one https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-4-1 

You also have the option of community drivers if all else fails https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/driver-mod-amernime-zone-modded-radeon-21-12-1-whql-gcn-legacy-pac... 

0 Likes

Thankyou for your helpful post.

im not sure if the people who designed the community driver page were deliberately trying to make a confusing page, but when you have 2 different drivers listing GCN, and one of those  listing terascale, then listing the actual driver links in a scrambled order with a terascale heading and GCN heading as separate drivers, people who have no idea what those are (like me) are bound to be confused.

anyways, ran the community  installer twice, it came up with a general error both times.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Community Terescale Driver Install Error 1603.pngSo my issue isnt so much running the program. i tried installing both the UI files and the driver. i keep getting this error on the driver install.

the guide you posted is good, however i have to use terascale as my card is a 7xxx series, and they are showning an instalation of a different driver, so it isnt as directly helpful as it could have been.

been at this for 6 days, and now the drivers that were installed (just not up to date) are no longer working.

i am starting to think i may just have to buy a newer card...

0 Likes
jhonalbert
Journeyman III

**bleep** it i m done with nvidia !! i will never ever suggest your product to anyone ever!! my whole day wasted just because of this stupid drivers and still didn't get it **bleep** is going on ? only option i have is to get rid of your GPU and go get AMD GPU instead

0 Likes