cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dragonsgc
Journeyman III

Launching Ryzen master produces Q-code F8 on my Motherboard

After updating to the latest chipset drivers and Ryzen master yesterday upon launching Ryzen master it produces an F8 Q-code on my motherboard (crosshair Hero VIII). F8 corresponds to "Recovery PPI not available" though searching for the meaning of that statement just brings up all the links to the various motherboard Vendors Q-code tables. It only happens on launch of Ryzen master and the only way to clear it is to do a system reset.

So what does the Q-code mean and is it a worry?

0 Likes
4 Replies

The general consensus seems to be that as long as your PC appears to be working correctly than it is not a problem. You likely already know that not all Q-codes are error codes and this appears to be one of those.
Several others seem to have this occurring, along with myself. I have a Gigabyte Aorus x470 gaming 7 wi-fi and will show code 40 (awake from sleep) Until I launch Ryzen Master and then it will display F8

0 Likes

Are you sure that code is F8 and not 8F?, I am experiencing the same sort of oddity now with my motherboard showing 8F.

It would have been nice to know that these things were going to happen before they happened I just spent 2 hours trying to figure out what is going on according to what I saw 8F is OEM reserved. Whatever that means.

0 Likes

since you didn't mention your Motherboard I needed to look at your other thread replies at AMD Forum to find out you have a Gigabyte X670E Aorus Extreme Motherboard.

Found this website with all of Gigabytes' Digital codes. Here is what "8F" means: https://bestofmotherboard.com/gigabyte-motherboard-error-codes-deubug-led-fixed/

Screenshot 2023-03-13 151224.png

You can google "OEM DXE initialization codes" to find fixes for that specific type of errors.

0 Likes

Yup but the answer is it's AMD's fault....

if you goto the start button and click on it then type in msconfig.exe and click on the services tab you will see a service called "AMD 3D V-Cache Performance Optimizer Service" if you were to disable this service < not advisable > then you would find on your next reboot that you would not get code 8F you may get another BIOS code to replace it or the code A0 for correct boot.

It would have been nice if AMD told us that the new driver would cause this issue BEFORE it occurred.

AMD is welcome to try this for themselves and replicate my results.