Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

contrabardus
Adept I

Latest drivers broke OpenGl for GZDoom.

What the title says.

The latest drivers broke OpenGl for GZDoom.

The game runs, but enemies and items are invisible. Anything rendered with sprites is not displaying. The player's gun, barrels, monsters, items, ammo, only the levels themselves are displayed.

I can't run GZDoom. Or specifically GZ3Doom, but have tested and found this impacts all versions of GZDoom.

Yes, Doom an old game, but this is a pretty big deal. It's Doom, not some random shooter. Lots and lots of people still play this game, and GZDoom is one of the most popular ways to run it.

This isn't just Doom by the way, it also impacts Doom II, Final Doom, Hexen, and Heretic.

I'm unsure if this impacts any other OpenGl games as I don't have a lot of titles that use it to test out.

This needs to be fixed and is worthy of a hotfix.

Also, no, I can't just use Zandronum to run it. That doesn't let me run Doom in VR.

Doom, Doom II, and Duke Nukem are my go to nostalgia games, and whether or not I can run them in VR will absolutely be a deciding factor in what brand of GPU I buy in the future.

Fix your drivers. It's annoying to have to roll back just to play a game because your Fortnight patch broke your drivers for titles that I actually care about.

Also, before anyone says it, this has been confirmed on the Zdoom forums. I'm not the only one who had this happen when the latest AMD drivers were released.

0 Likes
2 Replies

There is already a thread on this. If you want AMD driver team to fix this you need to send them a bug report. This is a USER TO USER forum not AMD employees. I already submitted a bug report on this too. Bug report link: AMD Issue Reporting Form

0 Likes
krogoth256
Adept I

It looks like 18.10.1s fixed the issues.

Sincerely,