Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Flyfisherman
Adept III

Re: Latest driver 21.3.1 locked my monitor to 640x480

Jump to solution

Well I'm with you on this.
I have been so very disappointed with Gigabyte AORUS-FI27Q and Tom's Hardware for recommended it in the first place.
First of all: if one enable HDR (Windows setup) then the colors totally get screwed up.
What, I buy an expensive monitor just to find out that I also need calibration kit when enabling HDR?

Second: all the hazzle with this piece of crap, really want me to puke and how to get rid of it.

0 Likes
mess
Adept I

Jump to solution

@Flyfisherman it's only HDR400, so even after calibration any darker areas will look like crap. I downgraded to F03 half a year ago. No problems since, with any driver.

0 Likes
TheoCy
Adept I

Jump to solution

nVidia already hotfixed this issue.

0 Likes
naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
nice, maybe amd not have to fix it~ because "we" already fix it our own and the firmware is the based "the problem" just what i think, maybe they "amd and Gigabyte Aorus" need join "hand" ....
0 Likes
Sungpunk
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

i have the same problem:

GPU = AMD RADEON 6900 XT NITRO + SAPPHIRE

Monitor = ASUS TUF  VG32VQ

software version 21.6.2

plugged with display port

using my CPU i710700 (intel graphic)as monitor is completely fine having normal resolution after i plug my GPU with the display port it **bleep**ed up everything

i have no idea why we have such a bad software compared to NVIDIA 

can't you guys improve and stop making bugs after 2 month figuring out how to stop my BLACKscreen   i updated the software  and now that ?!!  if only i could get a refound .... 

0 Likes
MrFinch
Adept I

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue FI27Q Monitor 6800XT Driver 20-11-2 onwards and the monitor is getting stuck at 640x480.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
just downgrade the firmware~ it's "the only solution for now" to your display....
0 Likes
Zaldure
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I flashed the Monitor with F03 Firmware

Everything is fine. But next day i get 640 x 480 again

Bad Solution: Using HDMI

0 Likes
MrFinch
Adept I

Jump to solution

I flashed the Monitor with F03 Firmware also and its still stuck at 640x480 when using any drivers newer then 21.2.3

Really Frustrating.

0 Likes
TheoCy
Adept I

Jump to solution

Another psudo solution to a problem that will never be addressed is to use CRU (Custom Resolution Utility). First install the  old amd driver that works and within CRU export the settings. Then install the newest amd driver and import the settings to CRU. There some issues with this but it will have to do until we move on to better hardware.

0 Likes