Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

naigaxeon
Adept II

Re: Latest driver 21.3.1 locked my monitor to 640x480

Jump to solution

hope AMD and Gigabyte can update driver to "Improve the compatibility with AMD graphic card" and 

0 Likes
naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
After checking, our engineer found that monitor resolution problem may cause by AMD latest version driver. We will try to solve it as soon as possible. Currently, please flash the firmware back to F3 for proper use. If there is newer firmware, we will release it on our website.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

that reply on Gigabyte~ hope they can fix it soon...
Flyfisherman
Adept III

Jump to solution

I got the same answer a couple of days ago (filed it more than 3-weeks ago)

After checking, our engineer found the issue and will try to solve it. Currently, please use the firmware back to F3 for proper use. If there are newer firmware, we will release it to our website.

Feel free to contact us again anytime if you have any feedback or need any support from us.

It is very important to us that we meet your needs. Please give us your valuable feedback by clicking and submitting a "Satisfaction Survey" to make sure your experience with our service is positive and productive.

GIGABYTE takes our customers' privacy concerns seriously. All data collected is only for internal usage.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

Ok, so what next? Waiting?
Fxxk that.
I will get rid of this pos as soon as possible, that's where I'm standing.

Best regards.

0 Likes
TheoCy
Adept I

Jump to solution

Pumping because 3 months and still no fix. Not many people have a FI27Q but we are still your customers AMD.

0 Likes
naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
hope they will upgrade next Gen Frimware~ but.... will they? even we buy the monitor and use AMD GPU... who knows.....
0 Likes
Erboon
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have a Radeon rx 5500 xt 8gb and I updated it to 21.5.2 and the drivers were TERRIBLE literally my overclock setting were very unstable and every time I played a game it will sometimes freeze with the audio still playing in the background and I can't even close the game and I have to hold my actual power button to shut it off then I turned it back on and the overclock setting are reverted to its "automatic" setting and I get a stupid notification saying "Wattman settings restored due to unexpected system failure" I downgraded to 21.4.1 and it runs great with better peformance and the overclock settings are stable with no issues. AMD really needs to fix their drivers.

0 Likes
naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
that the different WHQL to Non-WHQL Driver~
0 Likes
TheoCy
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hey everyone, a new update for those with this issue.

The 640x480 resolution bug of the FI27Q now affects nvidia cards as well. Gigabyte so far refuses to resolve this issue same as with AMD. 

NVIDIA acknowledged the issue and said it's working on it

"Some displays screen resolution limited to 640x480 after driver update [3330750]"

@amd How are YOU going to address this issue now?

Flyfisherman
Adept III

Jump to solution

Hi, Interesting when You said this about nVidia.

Btw. which firmware on Your monitor? F05 is now withdrawn from Gigabytes support site, because of all  most of us reporting the issue and Gigabyte have confirmed that the latest firmware is the root cause and reverting to F03 will fix the problem.
Please see  recent threads above.

And here is the Gigabyte answer to me:

After checking, our engineer found the issue and will try to solve it. Currently, please use the firmware back to F3 for proper use. If there are newer firmware, we will release it to our website.

Feel free to contact us again anytime if you have any feedback or need any support from us.

It is very important to us that we meet your needs. Please give us your valuable feedback by clicking and submitting a "Satisfaction Survey" to make sure your experience with our service is positive and productive.

GIGABYTE takes our customers' privacy concerns seriously. All data collected is only for internal usage.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes
TheoCy
Adept I

Jump to solution

I'm on F03 as many other people and I'm not going to start messing with hardware firmware. I tried contacting Gigabyte but they keep sending me the same copy paste answer. I use custom resolution to band aid the issue but there are other issues because of that. Anyway I'm at my wits end. If nVidia does fix this then my next purchase will be of their product. Not that I have any other choice anyway. Down the line I will replace this crappy monitor as well and move on.

Tags (1)
0 Likes