Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TheoCy
Adept I

Re: Latest driver 21.3.1 locked my monitor to 640x480

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.

I tried the solution to downgrade to F03 but I was already at F03. I tried upgrading to F05 but installation failed and it almost bricked my monitor. I can't go through that stress again please AMD fix it.

0 Likes
naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
can you try uninstall OSD SideKick and then re install again.. try go to F05 the downgrade again~ hope this can help you~ first DDU your amd driver~
0 Likes
TheoCy
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply but I am too worried to try. Last time it failed and my monitor wouldn't turn on. Power stick wasn't working either. If fixed when I reset the power but I'm not sure if I should try that again.

I will wait and see if AMD acknowledges the issue. It's working fine on 21.2.3 but I can't stay on these drivers forever.

0 Likes
Jacekk
Adept I

Jump to solution

Two weeks ago I downgraded monitor firmware to F03, then installed 21.4.1 with success.  Today (still on F03) upgraded 21.4.1 to 21.5.1 (without using DDU - I know shouldn't do this way) and success. Monitor is still working 2560x1440 @ 165Hz.

naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
its normalfome if the monitor never turn on~you still can do it~ downgrade , then installnew fresh driver~ as long you F03 you can update without DDU~ that problem alwasy for me.. the monitor never turn on~ the solution is force restart...
0 Likes
TheoCy
Adept I

Jump to solution

I think gigabyte removed F05 from their website

naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
yes, i already look for it~

yes... they see us.. hope they can fix it~
0 Likes
stepfr
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

With the last sidekick and others, i cannot change my firmware as i run into an application crash at start. I use a windows 10 20h2 full updated without any problem (using dism scanhealth it shows no error):

Nom de l’application défaillante OSDSidekick.exe, version : 1.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x605be982
Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.19041.906, horodatage : 0x26452a2a
Code d’exception : 0xe0434352
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0012a6e2
ID du processus défaillant : 0x205c
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d743f5073f8515
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\OSDSidekick\Aorus\OSDSidekick.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
ID de rapport : ae39d0ab-2ee3-4a47-886d-7529e288f2ae
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Did anyone run into such issue, (and managed to change the firmware anyway) ?

The usb cable is plugged in

0 Likes
stepfr
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I ran in the same issue, but while trying to change the firmware from 05 to 03, i ran to another issue.

On my windows 10 2h2 full updated and clean (dism and sfc ok). I'm unable to launch sidekick. I tried, the différent versions on gigabyte site with same result. (so i'm unable to downgrade my firmware and stuck in the 21.2 version of AMD drivers.

Is anyone ran in the same issue ? (and have a solution ?). I contacted Gigabyte who send me back an useless set of questions.

:Nom de l’application défaillante OSDSidekick.exe, version : 1.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x605be982Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.19041.906, horodatage : 0x26452a2aCode d’exception : 0xe0434352Décalage d’erreur : 0x0012a6e2ID du processus défaillant : 0x2138Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d7381872bade96Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\OSDSidekick\Aorus\OSDSidekick.exeChemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dllID de rapport : 808a6282-c3f0-423b-bf85-1ed94f5c62d4Nom complet du package défaillant : ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :Précédé de :Application : OSDSidekick.exeVersion du Framework : v4.0.30319Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.Informations sur l'exception : System.ArithmeticExceptionInformations sur l'exception : System.OverflowException à System.Windows.Media.Imaging.ColorConvertedBitmap.FinalizeCreation() à System.Windows.Media.Imaging.ColorConvertedBitmap..ctor(System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSource, System.Windows.Media.ColorContext, System.Windows.Media.ColorContext, System.Windows.Media.PixelFormat) à System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.FinalizeCreation() à System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.EndInit() à System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage..ctor(System.Uri, System.Net.Cache.RequestCachePolicy) à GOSD.MainWindow.Change_Skin_color(System.String) à GOSD.MainWindow.Button_Click_2(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) à GOSD.MainWindow..ctor()Informations sur l'exception : System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri) à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri) à System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean) à System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext) à System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean) à System.Windows.Application.DoStartup() à System.Windows.Application.b__1_0(System.Object) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object) à MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) à MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) à MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) à System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) à System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) à System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) à GOSD.App.Main()

0 Likes
Flyfisherman
Adept III

Jump to solution

I can tell for sure: The firmare F05 didn't work well and Gigabyte draw it back.
Check it out for Yourself:  Gigabyte Aorus  F127Q - Support

Now, its only F03 but even that is ridiculous, since AMD has shown No interest to help to solve the problem.

I blame AMD as well Gigabyte for this.
I have a quite expensive GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6900 XT OC together with AORUS-FI27Q
And yet I have to deal with such problems?

Best regards from Sweden

Btw. I've also reported to Gigabyte support, which I strongly suggest all do.
One should also report to AMD - get their act together or something?
Because latest Adrenalin 21.5.1 Optional did absolute nothing to address any problem what so ever.

0 Likes