Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MightyGuallo
Adept I

Re: Latest driver 21.3.1 locked my monitor to 640x480

Jump to solution

I just came to certify that this is the real one solution, which solves our problem. Thank you very much good sir.

naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
hope this can be the real one solution~ hope they can update new firmware...
Jacekk
Adept I

Jump to solution

It looks like F05 firmware is a crap. I also found another problem with this firmware - when I got it installed in Windows monitor settings I got only 60, 120 and 165Hz options, with F03 installed I got 60, 120, 144 and 165Hz options.

D4ViD3
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Same exact problem, I formatted everything hoping to solve it and I didn't solve anything, I'm "happy" that it's not just my problem ...

0 Likes
Flyfisherman
Adept III

Jump to solution

Thanks @naigaxeon  😀

I can also confirm that downgrade the Gigabyte Aorus-F127Q monitor firmware from F05 > F03 works.
Btw. I had to change the refresh rate to 165Hz again after firmware downgrade:
Right click on desktop > display settings > Advanced display settings

Then I tried to upgrade AMD adrenalin from 21.2.3 to 21.3.1 No problem (just for checking) and then upgraded to the latest Adrenalin 21.4.1 and it still works.
So for now I will use Aorus-F127Q firmware F03.

I think it's a serious problem with the F05 firmware together with AMD Adrenalin later 21.x.x s/w versions with DisplayPort, as I suspected in one of my previous posts.

We all with this Gigabyte Aorus-F127Q monitor should make Gigabyte aware of this on their support site, I will do this.
I will mark  @naigaxeon post as the solution, even if it's not optimal, but it works.

Best regards from Sweden

Jacekk
Adept I

Jump to solution

I wrote a few days ago to Gigabyte esupport about this problem with no answer yet.

Rafał1980
Adept I

Jump to solution

I wrote too, but when i did it first time they answeared me after one week waiting to check monitor on another pc😐

Flyfisherman
Adept III

Jump to solution

Hmm...
Suddenly after playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla (which btw is incredible good 9/10) and with 2560x1440, DP
the graphics driver stopped working and the game crashed.

Eventlog says it was amd driver that had stop function.

OK. But then the monitor went black and after a restart 640x480 and impossible to change.

So for now I'm forced to run with HDMI, which will reduce the capability of my monitor. Only 21.2.3 works for DP.

Why is that AMD has clearly some serious problem with the graphics driver - and yes I tried to only install the latest driver with an older Radeon s/w but no avail.

So one cannot assume this is only ta monitor issue, since its clear that an older driver version works for DP and 21.4.1 for HDMI.
Best regards from Sweden

[Edit] Updated my post.

0 Likes
naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
still used F03 firmware?

i have some isse driver RTO but still can maintain DP cable 165 Hz...
0 Likes
Flyfisherman
Adept III

Jump to solution

Yes F03 I checked.

0 Likes