cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Flyfisherman
Adept II

Re: Latest driver 21.3.1 locked my monitor to 640x480

One more disturbing thing with 21.3.1 WHQL or the newer 21.3.2 Optional (I have tried them both) even if You get it to work with HDMI:

The screen can sometimes go complete bonkers, all kinds of splatter colors, like a crazy fireworks or just a white snowstorm.
I have been seeing this a couple of times - but never with 21.2.3 or earlier versions.
Of course it is impossible do do any thing when this happens, but in my case after a moment the screen went back to normal again.
I noticed this in my second attempt to install this driver as I described in my first post in this thread.

So again, this driver are not good at all for Aorus F127Q or maybe Gigabyte need to address this with a new monitor firmware?
Current ver. F05

0 Kudos
Kangaruo
Adept I

Uppdate for me as well, tried the newest drivers they still failed (locked my screen to 640 x 480 and my refresh rate to 60Hz).  I am also using dual Aorus F127Q monitors.

0 Kudos
ookorkut
Journeyman III

Ihave the same problem with the same monitor ( Gigabyte Aorus Fi27Q 165hz F05)

i bought Xfx Merc 319 6800 XT and installed the latest recommended driver. Then my monitor resoulution stucked at 640*480. I have tried almost everthing but i couldnt fix the problem.

when i installed the previous driver 20.11.2, everthing works fine! its not related to our monitor. its exactly happening because of the driver.

I have sent several bug reports, hope it will be fixed soon.

0 Kudos
DonCortizone
Journeyman III

Yesterday, I was very happy to finally receive a brand new card in today's market!  However when I tried to install my 6700XT I got the same problem. I spend more than 3 hours trying to fix it before finding this thread 😞 

I also have Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q and the same issues with DP. I already figured out the HDMI workaround.  I can't revert to  version  20.11.2 because 6700XT is not supported yet. The  21.3.2 has the same problem.

Hope this issue is fixed soon. 

0 Kudos
MightyGuallo
Adept I

For the record, I just submitted a bug report to Microsoft, summarizing this issue. Let´´´ s see what they have to say.

Rafał1980
Adept I

I wrote to amd last week and they send me bull...it about clean install and instalation process ussing DDU utility.

I have aorus FI27Q RX 5700 XT Ryzen 3800

"I'm disappointed but not suprised".

Dear Rafał ,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8201079993]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the email.  

I request you to give a try by performing clean installation of latest 21.3.2 driver for windows 10 OS by using the DDU utility and check the issue status.

To be on the safer side, I request you to please create System Restore point before performing any troubleshooting steps.

•          Step 1 – Please use DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode and uninstall the previous driver. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.
  •          Step 2 – then restart your computer again and enter into the normal windows mode.
  •          Step 3 – Again restart the computer and then install drivers by clicking this below link. Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file. Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.2 Release Notes | AMD

Please get back for further assistance

Thanks for contacting AMD.

naigaxeon
Adept I

is it work?

0 Kudos
Rafał1980
Adept I

of course that no.....

I have Aorus FI27Q RX 5700 XT Ryzen 3800

law1979
Newcomer

edit

0 Kudos
law1979
Newcomer

GPU: Powercolor red devil rx6700xt

CPU: Ryzen 3700x

Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master

Monitor: Gigaybte Aorus FI27Q

the same screen, video card rx 6700xt. I have the same trouble. And the only solution I found is hdmi