cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Flyfisherman
Adept II

Re: Latest driver 21.3.1 locked my monitor to 640x480

Btw. One more thing I had to do after I installed the old working driver was to change the monitor max freq. from 60 > 165Hz
it changes this also when it locked the monitor to 640x480

Right click on desktop > display settings  > Advanced display settings (i have Swedish on my Windows).
So make sure that you also have the proper settings (Hz) for Your monitor, otherwise it will be locked to max 60Hz in all games...

Avancerade skärminställningar_.PNG

ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for all the feedback, we're looking into the issue.

MightyGuallo
Adept I

Same problem here. I installed the latest 21.3.1 and my monitor was locked as a Generic PnP Monitor 640x480. So I uninstalled and go back to AMD Raedon v. 20.12.1 and at least Windows 10 Pro x64 still detects my monitor as a Generic PnP, but with the refresh rate of 165hz and 2560x1440... so for the moment, this is my temporary solution. Thanks.

MightyGuallo_0-1617143544813.png

0 Kudos
Jacekk
Journeyman III

0 Kudos
Flyfisherman
Adept II

It seems that people in this thread are using Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q monitor and possible connected via Displayport.

I don't know if there is a monitor issue or a Displayport issue on the GPU with this driver together with this monitor?
My second monitor a Philips 240V5QDSB-00 24" 1920x1080 connected via DVI > Displayport works no problem.

Perhaps one should try to connect the Aorus FI27Q via HDMI instead.
I have one HDMI port on my ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6900 XT OC and one HDMI cable that came with the monitor unused.
That's about the only thing I haven't tested.

Best regards from Sweden

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Jacekk
Journeyman III

Thanks for this workaround, but when You want to use 165Hz DP is a must, HDMI is limited to 144Hz. I don't want to use lower setting when I choose and paid for monitor with higher one only because of broken/glitched drivers.

0 Kudos
mess
Adept I

It doesn't work, I tried it with HDMI, result was the same.

0 Kudos
Rafał1980
Adept I

Hi, I have rx 5700 XT and Aorus FI27Q and of course i have the same problem since adrenaline 21.3.1 , but in my case hdmi working ok, problem is only in DP. 

Tags (1)
naigaxeon
Adept I

Latest driver 21.3.1 locked my monitor to 640x480

Hope they can fix DP for next update...

0 Kudos
Flyfisherman
Adept II

Important notice: when one does a Windows installation or a Windows repair it will automatically install the latest WHQL graphics driver from Windows database (21.3.1 right now) and then of course the screen resolution will be locked to 640x480 during the whole Windows installation and afterwards.
I just tried and it was almost impossible to see and install Windows.

Ok. A workaround for this that I tested:
1. Connect the HDMI cable and then do the Windows installation or a Windows repair.
No problem now with screen resolution.
After all Windows updates and restart, manually Windows update again with restart and again and restart...

2. Revert to older working Adrenalin s/w for me it is 21.2.3

3. Shut off the computer, unplug the HDMI cable from the graphics card and plug in the Displayport cable.
Start the computer.

4. Right click on desktop > display settings > Advanced display settings > make sure that you also have the proper settings 165Hz for Displayport (144hz for HDMI) , otherwise it will be using max 60Hz in all games and apps...

5. Let the HDMI cable also be connected to the monitor and let hang loose at the other end (not connected to the graphics card) if You need it, until AMD has a solution for this.

Best regards from Sweden

Ps. This was just for testing Windows installation because I was suspicios if Windows installation will work and recognize 2560x1440 on Aorus F127Q connected via Displayport  - it did not because above notice.
Yeah I'm using Acronis True image for backup and restore, so I just restored my whole thing back to how it was before.

0 Kudos