Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

naigaxeon
Adept II

Re: Latest driver 21.3.1 locked my monitor to 640x480

Jump to solution
DDU or use amdcleanuputility first your driver, then install new driver~
that need clean your driver~ so the firmware can recognize it~ then you can test your DP cable~ like my solution the post before~
0 Likes
MrFinch
Adept II

Jump to solution

I already set the monitors firmware to F3, I've used amdcleanuputility to remove the old driver , Installed the new driver , tried two different display port drivers and I'm still stuck at 640x480. I'm a little confused I mean because I've picked a particular brand and model of monitor, this now means I cant use the latest drivers on a graphics card I've paid over a £1000 for? Who's the issue with Gigabyte or AMD or both?

0 Likes
naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
hm.. your problem seems unique to me.. already update your OSDSideKick for aorus monitor?? maybe install the older one still compatible with display cable~ then update the latest driver, maybe i use RX 5700 XT it's compatible~ i don't know if the solution not compatible with RX 6000 Series...
0 Likes
Zaldure
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Actually iam waiting for the next Firmware

https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/AORUS-FI27Q/support#support-dl-firmware

Until there is a new Firmware, i use an HDMI Cable and 60hz ...

0 Likes
MrFinch
Adept II

Jump to solution

I've rolled back to Firmware F3, Display Port cable Adrenaline driver 21.2.3 and everything seems to work okay I just cant use any newer drivers for the time being till AMD fix there drivers.

MrFinch
Adept II

Jump to solution

I would like to bump is post as its still not been solved any driver newer then 21.2.3 is not working with my Aorus FI27Q I've rolled back the monitor drivers to F3 which are the only ones available I've used driver removal software to completely rid of system of any drivers before attempting to install any new drivers. Each time the same thing as soon as the new driver gets installed it locks my monitor to  640x480 . From there i've got to remove any previous drivers and go back to 21.2.3 . I'm looking for fixes not work arounds if you get me. Cheers

Tags (4)
0 Likes
naigaxeon
Adept II

Jump to solution
install new OSD SideKick then new driver~ try it~ update your OS...
0 Likes
Titan777
Adept I

Jump to solution

Did you try it and it worked or you're just letting us try it first?

I have firmware F02 and can't install any driver above 21.2.3.

Not sure who's fault this is, but I'm really considering the option of returning the monitor if possible.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
MrFinch
Adept II

Jump to solution

The fact that it worked with older drivers on that the monitor points to amd. However it’s hard to place the blame but something has changed within the driver that’s causing this problems ideally amd/gigabyte would work together and resolove the issue so we can use the monitor with newer drivers .

TheoCy
Adept I

Jump to solution

No fix in the notes of the newer driver either. They don't even acknowledge the issue. Look at nVidia forums, people had the same issue with the same monitor and it got hotfixed within seven days. Written in patch notes and all.