Flyfisherman
Challenger

Latest driver 21.3.1 locked my monitor to 640x480

GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6900 XT OC
Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X
Memory: 16GB @3200MHz
Monitors: Left main: 27" 2560x1440 secondary right 24" 1920x1080

Radeon Adrenalin  ver. 21.3.1 locked my left hand monitor (2560x1440) to 640x480 and it is impoosible to change the resolution.
My right hand monitor with 1920x1080 works.

My first attempt to install ver. 21.3.1 over powered the my left hand monitor with almost everything so there was not possible to even se anything on the monitor, it went bonkers. The right monitor however worked as befofre.

I had to revert to ver. 21.2.3 and then everythings is ok.

There are some seriuos trouble with the latest driver 21.3.1
Stay away from this update and I think AMD should revoke this from their website.

Best regard from Sweden.

3 Solutions

hope they can fix it, new hdmi 2.1 still ongoing

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Also with hdmi, the aorus FI27Q gives 10 bit color option at only 60HZ.

0 Likes

solve the issue for my on FI27Q

downgrade frimware F03

use amdcleanuputility 

then install new driver

can used DP 2k on 165Hz hope another can fix it to....

203 Replies

Have someone tried Adrenalin 21.10.1 driver? If yes, what firmware you have installed on your monitor? Is it working for you?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

Yes monitor firmware F08 is working with latest and previous driver as well.

Use latest OSD Sidekick ver. B21.0325.1 https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Monitor/AORUS-FI27Q/support#support-dl-utility

Unfortunately for some reason Gigabyte has not  yet made the F08 firmware public available, but I got it from their tech-support on my support ticket (via my login).
But here it is in a download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SbWnKGrDpPNzVThT76OS4-FOBnPyIg0V/view?usp=sharing

Click the download button top right side.
Best regards from Sweden

Today (12 Oct) I see it available on Gigabyte site.

Well, maybe it's only me but be careful. Firmware F08 downloaded from Gigabyte is broken for me. Upgrading after 2:27 stops saying finished (about 35-40% of the process). It is not true. Still see F03 installed but now latest drivers works only at 640x480. I was able to reload F03 (it took something about 4:30) will try if the latest drivers still work.

0 Likes

So, right now the only working driver for me is the one which comes with W10. I can't install AMD Software, no matter the version. Always get 640x480 only resolution.

0 Likes

Finally everything works.

1. Disconnected mouse from monitor usb port and connected to pc directly.

2. Downloaded (just in case) and used firmware provided by @Flyfisherman - first success - firmware updated from F03 to F08.

3. Used DDU to clean all drivers.

4. Installed Adrenalin 21.10.2 - problems I got: after PC restart (at the end of installation process) my GPU driver was changed back from AMD to Microsoft general driver or something like it. I needed to start installer for Adrenalin once again, next restart and driver was correct, but I lost my internet connection. Driver for Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller gone missing (it looks like some conflict between AMD software and this controller), also lots of cpumetricsserver.exe errors with path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\cpumetricsserver.exe (don't know what this program do). Realtek was restored back by W10 as a new controller (next number with it's name) automatically.

Yeah the mouse should always be connected to the PC directly.

Windows version? Windows key + Pause tells You everything.
If You don't have latest Windows 10 ver. 21H1 manually run Windows update and install all the optional updates except for For Windows 11 which I think it is a good idea to wait several months at least, since there are still some trouble and performance loss while gaming with Windows 11 see here: https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/windows-11-gaming-benchmarks-performance-vbs-hvci-security

What mobo is it in Your PC or if it is a prebuilt pc brand & model no?
CPU?
GPU?

Have You installed the latest from the manufacturer of the mobo or pc:
BIOS?
Realtek driver?

Chipset?
If it is an AMD chipset download from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support
If it is an Intel chipset download from here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19347/30553/chipset-inf-utility.html
or use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

Windows 10 ver. 21H1

CPU – Ryzen 3700X

GPU – Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro+

MB – Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus bios ver. 4021 (latest)

Realtek driver 10.050

Chipset X570 driver 3.09.01.140

0 Likes

Did you manage to fix your issue?

0 Likes

@Jacekk A newer chipset driver is out: 3.10.08.506
https://www.amd.com/en/support

0 Likes

@FlyfishermanI know, thanks.

@Titan777You asking me? Yes, everything is working fine.

@Jacekk Yes, how did you fix the issue?

I'm having flicker issues every time my monitor is turned on.

Must reduce 165hz to 144hz and revert back to 165hz to fix this flickering.

0 Likes

@Titan777  I never had problem with flickering. Only with locked resolution to 640x480. Maybe try to do clean install and use latest drivers - 21.10.4. Are You using latest firmware - F08? If not, try it too.

0 Likes

~https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KJzyGy2zLIYN8K-Ar0JaDDmwOVqzrxtD/view?usp=sharing~

this F03 firmware~ have it~ i just updare my window 7 to 10 64x
my gpu is RX 5700 XT

i don't know this solution for another GPU amd~
0 Likes

Naigaxeon this isn't very helpful because non of us who have this problem have solved it the way you have and non of us i'm sure are running windows 7 and fixing the issue by going to windows 10 and were talking about a different graphics card applicate your trying to help but its just confusing the topic now and not actually helping us seek a solution.

0 Likes

i have the same problem:

GPU = AMD RADEON 6900 XT NITRO + SAPPHIRE

Monitor = ASUS TUF  VG32VQ

software version 21.6.2

plugged with display port

using my CPU i710700 (intel graphic)as monitor is completely fine having normal resolution after i plug my GPU with the display port it **bleep**ed up everything

i have no idea why we have such a bad software compared to NVIDIA 

can't you guys improve and stop making bugs after 2 month figuring out how to stop my BLACKscreen   i updated the software  and now that ?!!  if only i could get a refound .... 

0 Likes
law1979
Adept I

edit

0 Likes
TheoCy
Adept I

I have the same issue.

I tried the solution to downgrade to F03 but I was already at F03. I tried upgrading to F05 but installation failed and it almost bricked my monitor. I can't go through that stress again please AMD fix it.

0 Likes

can you try uninstall OSD SideKick and then re install again.. try go to F05 the downgrade again~ hope this can help you~ first DDU your amd driver~
0 Likes

Thanks for the reply but I am too worried to try. Last time it failed and my monitor wouldn't turn on. Power stick wasn't working either. If fixed when I reset the power but I'm not sure if I should try that again.

I will wait and see if AMD acknowledges the issue. It's working fine on 21.2.3 but I can't stay on these drivers forever.

0 Likes

Two weeks ago I downgraded monitor firmware to F03, then installed 21.4.1 with success.  Today (still on F03) upgraded 21.4.1 to 21.5.1 (without using DDU - I know shouldn't do this way) and success. Monitor is still working 2560x1440 @ 165Hz.

its normalfome if the monitor never turn on~you still can do it~ downgrade , then installnew fresh driver~ as long you F03 you can update without DDU~ that problem alwasy for me.. the monitor never turn on~ the solution is force restart...
0 Likes

I think gigabyte removed F05 from their website

yes, i already look for it~

yes... they see us.. hope they can fix it~
0 Likes

With the last sidekick and others, i cannot change my firmware as i run into an application crash at start. I use a windows 10 20h2 full updated without any problem (using dism scanhealth it shows no error):

Nom de l’application défaillante OSDSidekick.exe, version : 1.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x605be982
Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.19041.906, horodatage : 0x26452a2a
Code d’exception : 0xe0434352
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0012a6e2
ID du processus défaillant : 0x205c
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d743f5073f8515
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\OSDSidekick\Aorus\OSDSidekick.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
ID de rapport : ae39d0ab-2ee3-4a47-886d-7529e288f2ae
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Did anyone run into such issue, (and managed to change the firmware anyway) ?

The usb cable is plugged in

0 Likes

I ran in the same issue, but while trying to change the firmware from 05 to 03, i ran to another issue.

On my windows 10 2h2 full updated and clean (dism and sfc ok). I'm unable to launch sidekick. I tried, the différent versions on gigabyte site with same result. (so i'm unable to downgrade my firmware and stuck in the 21.2 version of AMD drivers.

Is anyone ran in the same issue ? (and have a solution ?). I contacted Gigabyte who send me back an useless set of questions.

:Nom de l’application défaillante OSDSidekick.exe, version : 1.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x605be982Nom du module défaillant : KERNELBASE.dll, version : 10.0.19041.906, horodatage : 0x26452a2aCode d’exception : 0xe0434352Décalage d’erreur : 0x0012a6e2ID du processus défaillant : 0x2138Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d7381872bade96Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\OSDSidekick\Aorus\OSDSidekick.exeChemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dllID de rapport : 808a6282-c3f0-423b-bf85-1ed94f5c62d4Nom complet du package défaillant : ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :Précédé de :Application : OSDSidekick.exeVersion du Framework : v4.0.30319Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.Informations sur l'exception : System.ArithmeticExceptionInformations sur l'exception : System.OverflowException à System.Windows.Media.Imaging.ColorConvertedBitmap.FinalizeCreation() à System.Windows.Media.Imaging.ColorConvertedBitmap..ctor(System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapSource, System.Windows.Media.ColorContext, System.Windows.Media.ColorContext, System.Windows.Media.PixelFormat) à System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.FinalizeCreation() à System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.EndInit() à System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage..ctor(System.Uri, System.Net.Cache.RequestCachePolicy) à GOSD.MainWindow.Change_Skin_color(System.String) à GOSD.MainWindow.Button_Click_2(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) à GOSD.MainWindow..ctor()Informations sur l'exception : System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri) à System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri) à System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean) à System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext) à System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean) à System.Windows.Application.DoStartup() à System.Windows.Application.b__1_0(System.Object) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object) à MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) à MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) à MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) à System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) à System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) à System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) à GOSD.App.Main()

0 Likes

I can tell for sure: The firmare F05 didn't work well and Gigabyte draw it back.
Check it out for Yourself:  Gigabyte Aorus  F127Q - Support

Now, its only F03 but even that is ridiculous, since AMD has shown No interest to help to solve the problem.

I blame AMD as well Gigabyte for this.
I have a quite expensive GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6900 XT OC together with AORUS-FI27Q
And yet I have to deal with such problems?

Best regards from Sweden

Btw. I've also reported to Gigabyte support, which I strongly suggest all do.
One should also report to AMD - get their act together or something?
Because latest Adrenalin 21.5.1 Optional did absolute nothing to address any problem what so ever.

0 Likes

hope AMD and Gigabyte can update driver to "Improve the compatibility with AMD graphic card" and 

0 Likes

After checking, our engineer found that monitor resolution problem may cause by AMD latest version driver. We will try to solve it as soon as possible. Currently, please flash the firmware back to F3 for proper use. If there is newer firmware, we will release it on our website.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

that reply on Gigabyte~ hope they can fix it soon...

I got the same answer a couple of days ago (filed it more than 3-weeks ago)

After checking, our engineer found the issue and will try to solve it. Currently, please use the firmware back to F3 for proper use. If there are newer firmware, we will release it to our website.

Feel free to contact us again anytime if you have any feedback or need any support from us.

It is very important to us that we meet your needs. Please give us your valuable feedback by clicking and submitting a "Satisfaction Survey" to make sure your experience with our service is positive and productive.

GIGABYTE takes our customers' privacy concerns seriously. All data collected is only for internal usage.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

Ok, so what next? Waiting?
Fxxk that.
I will get rid of this pos as soon as possible, that's where I'm standing.

Best regards.

0 Likes

Pumping because 3 months and still no fix. Not many people have a FI27Q but we are still your customers AMD.

0 Likes

hope they will upgrade next Gen Frimware~ but.... will they? even we buy the monitor and use AMD GPU... who knows.....
0 Likes

Hey everyone, a new update for those with this issue.

The 640x480 resolution bug of the FI27Q now affects nvidia cards as well. Gigabyte so far refuses to resolve this issue same as with AMD. 

NVIDIA acknowledged the issue and said it's working on it

"Some displays screen resolution limited to 640x480 after driver update [3330750]"

@amd How are YOU going to address this issue now?

Hi, Interesting when You said this about nVidia.

Btw. which firmware on Your monitor? F05 is now withdrawn from Gigabytes support site, because of all  most of us reporting the issue and Gigabyte have confirmed that the latest firmware is the root cause and reverting to F03 will fix the problem.
Please see  recent threads above.

And here is the Gigabyte answer to me:

After checking, our engineer found the issue and will try to solve it. Currently, please use the firmware back to F3 for proper use. If there are newer firmware, we will release it to our website.

Feel free to contact us again anytime if you have any feedback or need any support from us.

It is very important to us that we meet your needs. Please give us your valuable feedback by clicking and submitting a "Satisfaction Survey" to make sure your experience with our service is positive and productive.

GIGABYTE takes our customers' privacy concerns seriously. All data collected is only for internal usage.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

I'm on F03 as many other people and I'm not going to start messing with hardware firmware. I tried contacting Gigabyte but they keep sending me the same copy paste answer. I use custom resolution to band aid the issue but there are other issues because of that. Anyway I'm at my wits end. If nVidia does fix this then my next purchase will be of their product. Not that I have any other choice anyway. Down the line I will replace this crappy monitor as well and move on.

0 Likes

Well I'm with you on this.
I have been so very disappointed with Gigabyte AORUS-FI27Q and Tom's Hardware for recommended it in the first place.
First of all: if one enable HDR (Windows setup) then the colors totally get screwed up.
What, I buy an expensive monitor just to find out that I also need calibration kit when enabling HDR?

Second: all the hazzle with this piece of crap, really want me to puke and how to get rid of it.

0 Likes

@Flyfisherman it's only HDR400, so even after calibration any darker areas will look like crap. I downgraded to F03 half a year ago. No problems since, with any driver.

0 Likes

nVidia already hotfixed this issue.

0 Likes

nice, maybe amd not have to fix it~ because "we" already fix it our own and the firmware is the based "the problem" just what i think, maybe they "amd and Gigabyte Aorus" need join "hand" ....
0 Likes
Erboon
Journeyman III

I have a Radeon rx 5500 xt 8gb and I updated it to 21.5.2 and the drivers were TERRIBLE literally my overclock setting were very unstable and every time I played a game it will sometimes freeze with the audio still playing in the background and I can't even close the game and I have to hold my actual power button to shut it off then I turned it back on and the overclock setting are reverted to its "automatic" setting and I get a stupid notification saying "Wattman settings restored due to unexpected system failure" I downgraded to 21.4.1 and it runs great with better peformance and the overclock settings are stable with no issues. AMD really needs to fix their drivers.

0 Likes