Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Latest Chipset Driver (2.10.13.408) fail to install

Against my better judgement I built an all AMD PC with ALL AMD PROBLEMS ALL THE TIME... Today's issue is that the chipset drivers will not install to save my freaking life. I don't get a specific error code on the installer, just says "failed to install chipset drivers"... I've updated Windows to the latest 20H2 version, updated all other drivers, did sfc /scannow, did chkdsk /r, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, uninstalled my Anti virus software... idk what else to do it just wont install. So incredibly frustrating.

Only error in the Log File:

=== Logging stopped: 11/14/20  16:33:36 ===
MSI (c) (30:BC) [16:33:36:095]: Note: 1: 1708 
MSI (c) (30:BC) [16:33:36:095]: Product: AMD_Chipset_Drivers -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (c) (30:BC) [16:33:36:095]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: AMD_Chipset_Drivers. Product Version: 2.10.13.408. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.. Installation success or error status: 1603.

MSI (c) (30:BC) [16:33:36:096]: Grabbed execution mutex.
MSI (c) (30:BC) [16:33:36:096]: Cleaning up uninstalled install packages, if any exist
MSI (c) (30:BC) [16:33:36:097]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603
=== Verbose logging stopped: 11/14/20  16:33:36 ===  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Latest Chipset Driver (2.10.13.408) fail to install

Do you have the MSI Dragon Center? If so look under 'Live Update'..run it. Chipsets could be one of them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Huh? No I don't have a single piece of MSI gear in my system. The MSI stuff in the log is from the installer... its a .msi file which is a windows installer file

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Ooops....can you furnish:

Information Required When Posting a Discussion

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Shouldn't matter for this since the chipset drivers are the same package regardless of board manufacturer, but here you go.

Asus ROG Strix B550i mini-itx
Ryzen 7 3700x
Radeon RX 5700XT

And if you are going to suggest I use ASUS Grid to download the chipset driver, I already looked at that and the "latest" chipset driver available on there is 9 months old which is older than the version already installed and predates my chipset completely so that is not a solution.

I really need help from someone capable of analyzing the logfile I provided as I suspect this is a software/OS issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

It seems to be error 1603 from the log text. There are a few things you can try.

1.  Delete the C:\AMD folder and try to reinstall

2. Check if you're doing so with a Local account (admin privileges)

3. If the above doesn't work, run the MS troubleshooter to uninstall 'AMD Chipset software' (SMBus, GPIO etc). Reboot..

4. Try installing again

Good luck

0 Kudos