cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lmaomoment68
Journeyman III

Laptop Sound and Video stops working when headphones are unplugged

After updating my driver to the latest version (22.1.2), my speakers have suddenly stopped working. On top of that, videos do not play. However, all of these issues go away when I plug in headphones. When I unplug my headphones while a video is playing it will freeze, and the second I plug it back in the video will start playing again. I've tried reinstalling drivers, updating everything I can, and even tried resetting my computer, but to no avail. 

I appreciate any and all help.

0 Likes
1 Reply

when you unplug your Headphone open Windows Sound Panel and see if Windows switched your Main Default Audio device from your Headphones to your laptop speakers.

I don't understand how unplugging your headphones will affect your video watching. It might affect the Audio while watching videos but not the video itself.

Does the issue go away with a previous AMD driver installed? If not then it might be a incompatibility issue between the AMD driver and your laptop or at least the latest AMD Mobile driver and your laptop.

Does the issue occur if you install your laptop's OEM AMD Mobile Driver which is 100% compatible?

0 Likes